For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
ucabear09's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, April 17th, 2015 4:01 PM

Customer Rentention Help Needed

I've been an AT&T customer for many years and have Uverse Internet Elite and U300 TV. Bundle is about to expire. Current rate with HD and Sports Package is $115. Best deal they're trying to give me is $150. I've got a better offer from the local cable provider and it doesn't seem like AT&T is willing to budge or keep a customer. I'd like some assistance from customer retention or I'm headed out the door.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@ucabear09 wrote:
I've been an AT&T customer for many years and have Uverse Internet Elite and U300 TV. Bundle is about to expire. Current rate with HD and Sports Package is $115. Best deal they're trying to give me is $150. I've got a better offer from the local cable provider and it doesn't seem like AT&T is willing to budge or keep a customer. I'd like some assistance from customer retention or I'm headed out the door.

When the bundle discount expires, call and say CANCEL, they will send you to Retentions that can offer new bundles/discounts.  Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Did you ever get any satisfaction?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

If you are not satisfy with their service ever. You have to cancel the service. Then,  they will definitely send you again a good discounts. 

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

5 years ago

That is not true.  I called and said cancel.  They said They can not offer me a discount and if I want to cancel they would be happy to cancel my service and I can go to a service that is more to my liking.  I emailed customer care and they would not respond so I am now looking for other services.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

I believe that if you want to cancel and sign on as a new customer you have to wait a certain amount of time before they will consider you a "new" again specifically to keep people playing this game of cancelling on signing back up immediately.   It's been a long time since I had comcrap but I think you had to wait around 4 months.  Don't know what it is these days.   I assume att does the same but never knew what the waiting time is.  4 months?  6 months?  A year?  Whatever.  The carriers know people would play this game if it was available so they are going to make it as inconvenient as possible to play.

If you have two carriers available you could still play the "game" if you want to but it just takes much longer.  Sign up for carrier A for it's 1-2 year promo, then at its expiration sign up for B's 1-2 year promo and ping pong back and forth like that every few years.  Of course if they charge additional fees like installation/disconnection or other fees is this all worth it? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.