Get the myAT&T app
reneecrews's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, January 27th, 2015 11:45 AM

Credit check required when adding TV to existing internet package?

I RECIEVED MY INTERNET UVERSE, AND DECIDED THAT I DO NOT NEED THE HOME PHONE THAT COMES WITH THIS PACKAGE.  I TRIED TO SWITCH IT TO T.V AND WAS TOLD THAT I NED TO PAY A 400.00 DEPOSIT.  IF I QUALIFIED FOR THE INTERNET WHY DO I NOT QUALIFY FOR THE T.V.- AT&T IS TRYING TO RIP OFF VALUED CUSTOMERS AND WITHOUT CARE OR CONCERN.  THIS PRACTICE IS RUDE AND UNAPPRECIATED.  THE PUBLIC CONSUMERS SHOULD BE AWARE OF THIS PRACTICE BY AT&T AND SHOULD CHOSE SERVICE ELSEWHERE- FOR ME- AS SOON AS THIS CONTRACT IS ENDED I WILL CHOOSE A COMPANY THAT DOES NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT'S CUSTOMERS.

P.S.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN MY CREDIT- THEREFORE NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES SHOULD HAVE BEEN REQUESTED- THIS IS SHAMEFUL OF AT&T!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@reneecrews wrote:

THEY DID A CREDIT CHECK WE CLEARED IT AND RECIEVED THE EQUIPMENT- NOTHING HAS CHANGED- AND IT'S ONLY BEEN A COUPLE OF MONTHS- WHY A NEW DEPOSIT- WHY 400.00 PLEASE THERE ARE OTHER COMPANIES THAT TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS BETTER AND THIS IS THE ONLY RESOLVE!!!!!!!

That was for the phone/internet.  They did another credit check for TV equipment and decided you need to pay the deposit from what they found. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

The $400 is a credit deposit and covers the cost of equipment (DVR and Set Top Boxes) that might not be returned upon termination of service. 

This deposit is generally required of those that either have no credit or an unacceptable credit score.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

We already qualified and past all credit requirements- THAT'S HOW WE RECEIVED THE INTERNET!!!!!

Kind regards,
Renee

Renee [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

But you do not have a DVR and/or any STBs in your possession at this time.  You only have an RG right now.  TV will require additional equipment.

P.S.  Please edit above post to remove personal information.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

AT 400 DOLLARS- THAT'S A RIP OFF- ESPECIALLY WITH ALL OF THE SUPPOSED DEALS AVAILABLE- AT&T CLEARLY DOES NOT MENTION THIS AS PART OF THE SPECIAL OFFERS AVAILABLE TO CUSTOMERS. I HAD THE INTERNET EQUIPMENT INSTALLED WITHOUT ALL OF THESE HIDDEN COST- 400 DOLLARS WOW- LIKE I SAID A RIP OFF TO LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!!!

Kind regards,
Renee

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I feel your pain. This company is a joke

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

9 years ago

So you think AT&T is the only provider that requires a deposit?  Think again.  ALL providers do a credit check and will either require a deposit if you want their service or deem a potential customer credit worthy and pass on the deposit.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

THEY DID A CREDIT CHECK WE CLEARED IT AND RECIEVED THE EQUIPMENT- NOTHING HAS CHANGED- AND IT'S ONLY BEEN A COUPLE OF MONTHS- WHY A NEW DEPOSIT- WHY 400.00 PLEASE THERE ARE OTHER COMPANIES THAT TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS BETTER AND THIS IS THE ONLY RESOLVE!!!!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@reneecrews wrote:

You state that you've "recieved (sic) the equipment".

Have you already received a DVR and any Set Top Boxes?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.