For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Monday, July 24th, 2017 8:05 PM

Cost assessment charge on my U Verse bill

What is a cost assessment charge? No explanation on the bill, just appeared this month. Will I have to pay the every month?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

ATT cost fee.png

This

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

This fee is to recover AT&T property taxes.  It's not a regulatory fee or tax.  The notice was on the prior month's Uverse bill.  I just checked this out too.  Stinks

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

I pay my own property tax, don't want to pay theirs! Can a doctor add a propery tax to their bill for services, or a bank? Why not just raise the rates if it is part of their business? 

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

Just found out this was a property tax recup that you are making your customers pay for. I pay my own property tax, don't want to pay for yours too. We are being feed and taxed to death already. If it is an operating cost just raise your rates! Be honest, how are we to trust you or your intentions when you act this sneaky!

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

Cost assessment not fed fee

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

AT&T rep. could not tell what it was for; blamed it on the government.    My cost assessment charge just more than doubled.   If this is for property tax then why don't i get a credit for this payment on my yearly property tax I pay to the County Tax assessors?   {edited for word filter evasion}

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

After reading some of the comments here, I'm doubly at a loss to understand this cost.

I have an internet only connection for my business and I've had a small charge for the last several months. This month, January, the cost about tripled.

I also have an internet connection plus DirecTV at home. My bill at home doesn't show this line item cost at all.

Go Figure....

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

Cost Assessment ChargeFor landline home phone subscribers only: The Cost Assessment Charge is a per-line, per-month fee that is not a tax or charge that the government requires AT&T to collect from its customers. It is a fee to recover AT&T costs associated with supporting the administration of government programs and requirements.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-tv/KM1009532?gsi=oyTQjimk

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

sorry duplicate reply.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.