Get the myAT&T app
princesscathryn's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, November 2nd, 2012 5:58 AM

Cinemax/HBO addon

When I signed up for the service I had 3 free months of Cinemax/HBO package ($26) - I did not want it at the first place coz I figured I might forget to cancel but the sales just persuaded me to try it out and cancel it later. Sure enough I forgot about cancellating it right after 3 months, instead I cancelled it 3 days after the 3rd billing cycle ended. I should be entitled for the credit back for the unused days, right? (If not, I would rather keep it until the end of the 4th billing cycle.)

I PM'ed ATTCustomerCare for the credit back for the unused days of service but I don't get a single reply. So now I don't get either the refund, or access to the Cinemax/HBO package till the end of the billing cycle. So what's the deal here?!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

11 years ago

When you remove/downgrade service, the billing system automatically generates a credit for the unused service. 

Let's say your billing cycle is the 1 through the end of the month. On October 1, you would have been billed for a month of HBO/Cinemax. If you called on October 4 to have it removed, your November one billing statement will show a prorated credit for HBO/Cinemax from October 4 to October 31.

No action is required from you or a representative to get that credit.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

In other words, the credit will show up next month.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

HI where did you go to get FREE HBO I have been TRYING to find it for like 3 hours ?? do I have to buy the PREMIUM plan but then it says 200 ? so then do I get that off my bill or what ?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

The Original thread is three years old & the promos keep changing. Call in to see what is currently available. They will bill you & give credit for the promp period. When time is up the credit stops & it is up to you to call & cancel if you are not willing to pay.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

We recently had service installed.....it was supposed to come with HBO/Cinemax free for 3 months. It wasn't on the order for some reason.

I got on tech support chat....it was added to my account. However the channels still do not work (and HBO Go App doesn't work either).

I've gotten on chat two other times since then, trying to get it resolved....and nothing has happened in over a week.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.