Get the myAT&T app
jercathshan's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 1st, 2014 4:31 AM

Change the billing due date!

For 8 months now I have talked with customer service supervisors to change my billing due date.  It never changes no matter what they promise / tell me and there is always have a late fee on my bill.  Can anyone at AT&T hear me?  Yes, 8 months and still no luck.  Uverse has the worst customer service ever and I will tell everyone.

Anyone else have this issue?

Frustrated out of my mind!

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, jercathshan!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you've had such difficulty changing your billing cycle. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

10 years ago

Now that ATT is changing everyone's payment due date in October 2014, what is the link to personally request to KEEP our current due date?  

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

10 years ago

@ngriffith wrote:

Now that ATT is changing everyone's payment due date in October 2014, what is the link to personally request to KEEP our current due date?  

Here's the source of the changed due-date information:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB400964

I would think you should call and ask customer service to change your cycle date to 4 days later.  Which will require a prorate of 4 days.

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

10 years ago

Called the 800-288-2020 number early this morning and the staff was not aware of this change.  Did Online Chat to see if there was someone aware and, apparently, ATT has not communicated it to the staff we're to contact.

Since there will be millions of customers who will have paid the extra 4 days in advance (check bill statement's "Monthly Charges" dates), will ATT credit us for the 4 days already paid and to be billed again with the new payment due date?  In other words, your September bill may show the Monthly Charges covering period Sep 6 thru Oct 5;  you pay for the service in advance.  But when the new billing due date change goes into effect with the October bill, it will show Oct 1 thru Oct 31.  You will have paid twice for Oct 1 thru Oct 5, if you allow the change date to be earlier than your current bill due date.  And....this is for each of the Uverse services you have:  TV, home phone, internet.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.