Get the myAT&T app
vmaloney's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, January 5th, 2013 5:08 PM

Can two email addresses go to one inbox?

Can two email addresses go to one ATT inbox?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

vmaloney - I looked at att/yahoo mail options - there is an option - Mail accounts - to enter the ID & password for other accounts to be included in the mailbox.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

The way the ATT accounts are setup is you would have a main account that has it's own email address.  The closest I know of that you can come to two email addresses to one account is to setup a sub account.  But the two addresses will have their own account.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

What software are you using? If Outlook, you have to set up a rule. If thunderbird, you do it in the settings.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

vmaloney - I can think of two ways you can combine two or more e-mail addresses.

If you set one to forward mail to the other you can view all mail in one address. This is good if you view mail via a web browser.

If you view mail via e-mail software, such as Macmail or Outlook or one of the many others. That is one of the features of that genre of software. You set up separate accounts for each e-mail address & you can include them all in your viewing list. I have about six addresses in my macmail.

The thing is you have to be a little careful about which address you send from. In the second case a response will show the original address, but a new message will use the current default address, which may not be the one you intended. You just have to be aware of what the default is currently set at.

For the first case, all responses and new messages would show the one address that you are viewing. Unless you can see a way to change each message.

What simplifies one step may complicate a second step.

I really prefer the separate mail system( the second case). Much simpler than any browser accessed system I have seen. Better for one e-mail address - Necessary for more than one.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you.  I appreciate the help.  That's exactly what I wanted to do.   Val   🙂

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

thank you - I'm considering buying outlook.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you very  much.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.