Get the myAT&T app
tybeeheart's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 1st, 2012 3:52 PM

Closed

Can U-verse handle 6 HDTVs in one home?

I have six HDTVs in our home, currently on cable. Is this feasible with U-verse? And are wireless receivers an option for at least one of the TVs?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

tybeeheart - On the positive side the answer to your question is yes six TVs are doable and two can be wireless.

In the real world, you may not be happy. At the least. you will probably be aware of restrictions.

Four streams come into your house at a time based on live watching and/or recording. So, only four TVs can watch a different channel live.

If you record a lot of shows it adds to the contention. But, once recorded you can play them without impacting the four incoming streams.

It is kind of complicated, so, review your viewing habits & come back with more questions to see if it is workable for you. A high usage situation is most likely going to require coordination & compromises.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Yes, as long as everyone is not trying to tune to different HD channels at the same time.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I just got it I can not believe att has not come up with a solution for multiply Tvs and this post was two years ago
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.