Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Broadband 1 flashing red

Highlighted
Contributor

Broadband 1 flashing red

Results for My internet was working fine and then suddenly it quit so I went to check it and now the broadband 1 light is flashing red. Power is on the ethernet and wifi are flashing yellow. Mine is the NVG599 what could be my problem?
Message 1 of 5
Employee
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎12-01-2017 6:40 AM

Re: Broadband 1 flashing red

Blinking Red broadband light simply means the gateway does not detect a signal.....

Possible causes....

1) Either you have a copper connection, generally cable plugged into GREEN port of gateway or a fiber connection, cable plugged into RED port.... One or the other not both.

2) the data cable to gateway is unplugged either at gateway or wall.

3) an animal has chewed the data cable requiring a new cable.

4) the wiring from wall to NID has an issue

5) the gateway has an issue, especially if just had a close lightening strike, requiring gateway to be replaced.

6) issue at the NID, protector might have opened after lightening damage.

7) issue with drop wire from pole to house, a tree limb fell snapping line or a squirrel chewed on line are possibilities.

8) issue inside terminal such as mice gained access and chewed on wiring

9) issue with outside plant

10) issue at crossbox, jumper pulled or moved

11) you failed to pay your bill, your service was cut off (suspended)

12) you called to lower your your bill, signed up for new lower rate which results in current service being canceled as new install with new equipment has been scheduled (cannot have two accounts at same address, thus one has to be canceled for next to happen.)

Download the myatt app to smart phone, sign in with Uverse email/password, run the FixItNow section... Or try the Troubleshoot and Resolve tool online.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

The line was cut in the front yard

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

The line in our front yard was cut

Message 4 of 5
Employee

@ddunn8000 need to call 800.288.2020 to schedule an appointment to have line repaired or replaced.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support