Helpful Links

Billing Promotion Tips (AT&T & DIRECTV)

Community Support

Billing Promotion Tips (AT&T & DIRECTV)

Slide1.JPG

That time has come for your promotions to expire and you notice your bill will be increasing during the next billing cycle. Here is some information to help you understand promotions and the expiration process.

Slide2.JPG

• Not all promotions last forever. They typically last for 12 months although we do have 3 and 6 month offers. (If your promotion rolls off your account sooner than the timeframe you were advised and the dates correspond with that on your bill please Private Message us.)
  • There is typically a notification on your bill to inform you that your promo is expiring.
  • There is almost always a time requirement to have active service before a promotional bill credit is applied.
  • Most promotions are based on the package you order. Therefore making changes to your order after you have been quoted a specific rate could change your promo offer.

Slide3.JPG

1. There are personalized offers for you in your myATT.com portal.
  2. Log into your account with your member id and password

promos rolling off.JPG

3. Then click on “View all offers” to see what offers are available to you. You will be redirected to another page where you should be able to make account changes.
  • We also have promotions listed on our website if you are interested in a new product or service that you may be eligible for.

Slide4.JPG

There are times when customers are informed of a promotional offer and the offer is missing from the account. In this situation we will need to review your account to evaluate several things.

• The promotion that was offered
  • When it was offered
  • Eligibility requirements at the time of the offer

We will do our best to honor promotional offers when the promotion is within our control.

Some promotions are no longer available to add after 45 days.

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply sign in, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 7
Community Support

Re: Everything you need to know about Billing Promotions

Get all the information you need about Billing Promotions!

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-tv/KM1071341

-ATTU-verseCare

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply sign in, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
Mentor

Re: Everything you need to know about Billing Promotions

have been with att since dial up a long while....and same phone..ATT kept wanting and trying to get me to switch. 1st time my price was going to end up being more than what they said. so I cancelled. This time I called several times before the install and the drilling of my home. Guaranteed a promotional price for two years. plus $100 gift card. Got my first bill correct. Said I met the criteria didn't need tv. already had dish network. (later July contract amount changed) Then a social media manager and many calls to att apologized and fixed it back to my promotional 2year rate end of August....About 9 days later switched without my permission. Now  A guy (manager) told me today after amost 4 months . "Sorry all of our ATT people told you wrong."  All the personnel.told me wrong. This is wrong!!!! My contract Service Summary, promotion is correct. My first bill was correct. ATT you need to find a way to credit this and give customers what was promised to them. Especially for switching. drilling in their homes. 

Message 3 of 7
Tutor

Unsatisfied and displeased

This company is frustrating at the very minimum but manages to become increasingly worse. First, you forget to bill me for the month of November. Since I'm a skeptic, I in no way believed I'd won a free month of service, so I called and was told several different things before being told, "the system" forgot to charge me.

Now I call to inquire about ways to lower my plan because I don't want to pay $150 a month and I'm told the discounts needed to be removed and the plan cost would go up with a simple basic plan. When discussing how such idiocy would be taking place, I was told my plan was up May of 2018.

Under suggestion from this rep, I was xfrd to the "Loyalty" dept. This individual says my plan would be up May 2017. I informed him of what the 1st rep said and he again repeated the ending contract date of May 12, 2017. With continuing the conversation, he states the only way to save a whole bunch of money is to sign a new 12 to 24 month contract. I refuse to set myself up for disappoinment, so I will not be doing so. However, I find it odd no affordable changes can be made unless you sign a new contract. I will not be staying with this company after May 12, 2017.

I'm sure I will receive no response becaue your companies service, including the automated system is deplorable. I'll take one step back and address the situation appropriately. The tools you provide your employees to assist the customer, makes them appear dense and incapable of comprehending what is being asked. They have no real ability to successfully satisfy the customer. I had to vent here though because, I'm at the highest level of annoyance. I can't wait for May 12, 2017.
Message 4 of 7
Community Support

Re: Unsatisfied and displeased

Hi @sarasi,

We received your PM! Check out this article regarding renewing  your promotions. It has information on how you can check for offers by logging into your account online. 

ATTU-verseCare

Employee Contributor*
Message 5 of 7
Tutor

When I signed up with AT&T I told them I have a budget and must stick to it so I must ensure that the promotional offers will keep me there.  The person who sold me told me that there are always promotional and once one expires, I will be able to get the same or better office.  Well, my internet promotion is getting ready to expire and when I call the customer resolution I was told that they cannot match what I had and it will be much more which push me outside my budget.  The reps attitude was take or leave it....so, I guess I will be looking elsewhere!

Message 6 of 7
Tutor

Since  A T & T discontinued the LIFELINE in March 2017, my landline phone bill has been so  hard to understand.  I have called Customer Service every month and talked to a different person.  I have made a note of names and dates and times of the reps that I spoke to.  Every one has a different answer, and some of hem would give me a small credit for loyalty.  They all would try to sell me something.  I do not want to purchase anything.  All I need is my landline phone with A T & T that I have had since 1965.  One of the customer service reps was so ignorant that he told me that the State of Wisconsin discontinued the LIFELINE and that it was Governor Walker that did it !!!  Now I know that LIFELINE is a federal benefit!!!   And A T & T was the party that killed the lifeline for the senior citizens!!!  I have the names of everyone that I have talked with.  Now my bill is wrong again, so I will be making another call!!!

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the U-verse Account Page! Check out some of our helpful articles below!

You can learn about your payment options and even first bill information!

Additional Support