For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Pathompson03's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, June 15th, 2019 1:23 AM

Closed

Why has my bill gone up?

Hi! I understand my bill has gone up $50. Can you please assist? I tried reaching out to my representative several times as my 1 year was approaching and didn’t get a response. Hoping I can get my bill back down to $110 where it should be 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

5 years ago

For the first year, the price is fixed at a certain rate. Retentions can give you a new rate, but this is typically $X/off for a year. When the annual rate increase hits, your rate goes up by that amount.

Call 800-288-2020 during regular business hours, ask for cancellations and see what they can do.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I understand. Can my bill be reflected to the original amount?

Thanks!

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

If that was your first year you are not going to get the same offer new users get.  As mentioned above call the standard 800-288-2020 number and ask for "retentions" as you navigate down the phone tree.  See what they can offer that you can live with.  If not, consider downgrading some services (tv, internet speed) to reduce the price (or cancelling entirely if you cannot accept the offer).

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for the information! Since I am moving soon and will be canceling all together, can I go ahead and cancel my cable? Looking to keep my internet.

Thank you!

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Talk to the same group, i.e., "retentions".  I believe an alternate way of getting there is to say "cancel" as you navigate down the phone tree.  They handle both operations and can answer your questions.

FWIW Att does provide ways of transferring your existing account to your new address.

Moving? Get AT&T Service at Your New Address

Moving Existing Service

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.