Get the myAT&T app
DavidjRay91's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, February 12th, 2014 7:51 PM

Att Uverse in my area

Hi! So I had Att uverse home phone internet and DVR for almost a year. I have to say I loved it. It is in my opinion, so much better than everyone else who offers the same services in the area. I just moved outside of the city I use to live in and now they don't offer service to where I live now. I really miss it! I was wondering if anyone knew where I can see if they plan to install in my area, or if there is a place where I can express my interest in services in my area or anything like that?

Thanks in advance for the replys

-David

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

You can go here and put in your address: http://www.att.com/u-verse/availability/#fbid=563KlLoEQvg.  If it's not available, you can request to be notified when it is available.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

@BeeBeeSA wrote:

You can go here and put in your address: http://www.att.com/u-verse/availability/#fbid=563KlLoEQvg.  If it's not available, you can request to be notified when it is available.

Ok, but that doesn't tell us if they plan to make their service available in our area.  If they don't, we'll never be notified, and still be wondering if they ever plan to offer it.

Is there any way to see if there a plans for a particular area to receive U-verse service?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks.

Unless the price is significantly reduced and data caps are significantly raised, LTE isn't a viable option for those wanting to actually use high speed internet for the things it does best, I.e streaming HD movies. So my options are to wait and hope AT&T gets around to offering something better than the 3 mb max service they offer now with no idea when that will be or switch to Comcast. Neither is very palatable.

Scholar

• 

80 Messages

10 years ago

My experience, (I live in Chicago's far Western suburbs) where AT&T hired a third party solicitor to go door to door to canvas verse. A couple young ladies rang my door bell around 8PM. After chatting at the front door a couple minutes I invited them in to make their sales pitch because it was near zero outside. optics had been in the ground some time and was ready to go. A few days later I got a similar offer directly from AT&T in the mail.

It took about 10 days to have a AT&T tech come out and switch me over.  

I'm not sure if U-verse is fiber optics everywhere. It is where I am, but read so far fiber optics is only available in about 20% of the country. My experience as far as HD (a $10 more a month premium option in some U-verse packages) is HD picture quality can be razor sharp, far more so than my old provider was offering in spite of me having their premium HD digital package. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.