For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
annualfees's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, April 17th, 2016 3:56 PM

Annual Fees?

For the last 3 months, my U-Verse bill has been $5 more than it was supposed to be and when I called to find out why, I was told it because of an annual fee for the TV! I've never heard of that before and was never notified of it either. I would cancel my service, but I'm stuck until September! This is a rip-off!!!  I've been a good customer for years and this is how they treat them. That's sad...

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@annualfees   Look at your bills online before having a conniption fit, you'll see exactly what the fee was for.  Under Billing and Payments, chose Bill History. 

There you can check the last few month's bill to see what it's for.   It's probably the increased annual fees starting in Feb billing. Smiley Surprised

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-tv/KM1066256

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

8 years ago

@annualfees, I'm with mibrnsurg on this, it's probably due to the annual increase in the monthly fees (a dollar here, two dollars there, it adds up), which happens every February.  If you'll look at your November bill, I think you'll find a message informing you of the increase.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

@annualfees wrote:

For the last 3 months, my U-Verse bill has been $5 more than it was supposed to be and when I called to find out why, I was told it because of an annual fee for the TV! I've never heard of that before and was never notified of it either. I would cancel my service, but I'm stuck until September! This is a rip-off!!!  I've been a good customer for years and this is how they treat them. That's sad...

Information provided in the November bills:

priceincrease.JPG

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Good morning to you Mr. @mibrnsurg. I didn't realize I was having a conniption fit. Frustrated...yes...conniption...no. And I did look at my bills and there wasn't anything that I saw that explained it. I just posted this trying to find answers, because the person I spoke to on the phone couldn't explain it to me. She just told me it was a fee.

I appreciate your help and hope you have a wonderful day!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@annualfees   This is what brought out that comment:

I've never heard of that before and was never notified of it either. I would cancel my service, but I'm stuck until September! This is a rip-off!!! 

Verbatim from your first post considering the inflection being given in the "!" points. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

@annualfees wrote:

Good morning to you Mr. @mibrnsurg. I didn't realize I was having a conniption fit. Frustrated...yes...conniption...no. And I did look at my bills and there wasn't anything that I saw that explained it. I just posted this trying to find answers, because the person I spoke to on the phone couldn't explain it to me. She just told me it was a fee.

I appreciate your help and hope you have a wonderful day!

If you receive a paper bill, it WAS in there.  You can review previous bills on line to find it.  That's where I found the info I provided.

...and ya'll act like having a conniption is a bad thing.  Between that and a hissy fit, is what I live for! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.