AT&T reward card expired?

Highlighted
Tutor

AT&T reward card expired?

I'm using AT&T internet and wireless, and I, in December 6th 2013, have installed U-verse TV. In the past, I didn't install cable TV, because I do not really watch television that much. Also, even though you guys sent those promotion mail that you will give me $200 worth reward card when installed U-verse TV. However, last Black Friday and Cyber Monday, I received e-mails that there will be $300 if I install the television during the Cyber Monday week, I would get $300 worth reward card, $200 and $100 bonus. That gave me eagerness to register U-verse TV, and by calling to 855-300-8942, which was written in the promotion e-mail, I installed the U-verse, and I also made sure that there will be $300 for sure before resister. That day was December 02, 2013 (Cyber Monday) and I'm sure it was recorded for monitoring.

After that, I was expecting to receive the reward card from AT&T.  But yesterday, I was trying to change the information for my credit card registered in AT&T because I recently received a new one, and when I logged into AT&T website, I saw the pop up that there is 200$ reward I received, so click and go to the reward center page and claim the reward. I felt something was wrong, because it should have been $300, and there, $100 became invisible, but still, I went to the reward center page to claim my reward. Then, what I saw was that the reward was already expired, because I didn't claim the reward between from the day I registered for U-verse TV and until one month after that day. I was surprised when I saw it, and I was mad by the fact that the reward card was expired because I didn't redemtion it in one month, because I never received any information to redemption it.

In my email, I am receiving how much the charges will be for the products I bought, such as mobile data, wireless internet, and this U-verse TV that brought a trouble, I am receiving promotions, but I am not receiving reminders for my rewards or warnings for expiration of claiming reward card. I was having a good respect on the big companies like AT&T that I believed, even though the cost is a bit expensive compared to other companies, the service will be worth costing expensively for the products. However, when I realized that there was no reminder and the reward card was expired without any notification, I lost the respect on AT&T. First, extra bonus $100 that was promised was vaporized; second, the $200 reward card was expired briefly. I am very disappointed to AT&T. When I looked at AT&T community, I saw that many people experienced similar problems I had in AT&T. I hope you to care and think about customers more. And if the reward cannot be granted, please tell me the way to cancel U-verse TV. I will look forward your answer.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 7 (1,632 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: AT&T reward card expired?

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

See if they can assist you.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (1,586 Views)
Tutor

Thank you for the reply. But a week ago(Feb 15 2014), before posting this,I saw the posts from others who experienced same situations with me, so  I wrote a private message, all same with this post to customer center. I even left my name, my cellphone number, U-Verse account number and my email address, but they didn't  do anything for my post for a week, and yet didn't receive anything.  I was very disappointed. So I posted here again.

Message 3 of 7 (1,560 Views)
Community Manager

Hello jin90, thank you for contacting us. We received your massage and creating a case for you right now.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7 (1,531 Views)
Tutor

Thank you for the reply. I received the message from you and I called a reward center as you told me. And I got an answer that the reward card will be sent in next 4 weeks. So I am going to wait. In next 4 weeks, I will post the result. Thank you for reply and help. 

Message 5 of 7 (1,465 Views)
Contributor

Did you ever receive a new reward card? Just looked at mine and it shows it expired in June. Sure don't have much time to use it! I also sent a private message to customer service. If I don't get reimbursed, I will most likely cancel my UVERSE account and just get rid of cable all together.

Message 6 of 7 (1,046 Views)
Tutor

AT&T community center sent me an email, and gave me an instruction to solve the problem, and I have received all rewards cards by following it. They also gave me enough expiration date to spend the rewards cards. I think after receiving rewards cards, 

Message 7 of 7 (1,014 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support