Get the myAT&T app
HeIIBells's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 4th, 2014 11:18 PM

AT&T Telemarketers

How do I get ATT U-Verse telemarketers to STOP calling my home every other bloody day?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello HeIIBells,

If the call is actually from AT&T, you should be able to either ask a representative to remove you from their list or select an option to opt out.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Thanks Dmitriy.

But, it doesn't work. I get mutliple calls a week from AT&T and everytime I ask them to stop calling. Just now I got another call, and I asked the woman to put me onto the "Do Not Call" list and when she checked she said "You're already on the Do Not Call list." When I asked "Then, why did you call?" she hung up.

I don't know what else to do except cancel all of my AT&T services so that AT&T will be bound by the National Do Not Call list. I'm also thinking of filing a police report against AT&T for harassing phone calls.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

Start the next call by asking for name and ID number.  If they give it, provide it to Dmitry.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I too recieve NUMEROUS calls on a daily basis from ATT marketing people. I even opted out but they continue unabated. We are talking 2-3 calls per day at all hours. I am seriously considering dropping ATT and going with another company. I have also registered with the Federal Do Not Call service. I guess my next move will be to file a complaint with the FCC and the federal consumer protection. I'm not sure what else to do about this, but I will attempt to communicate with the next caller and tell them I desire to be placed on the do not call list. I've tried this before, but they usually hang up after acting as if they are unable to hear me talking. Unbelievable!

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

I feel your pain.  I have gotten so many telemarketers everyday.  I have reported them to the FTC for violating the do not call list and it helps some but not completely.  What I did was forward my home phone to my cell phone.  The cell phone has better blocking capabilities then your home phone.  It also has a blocking mode where you can block all calls 24 hours a day or any hours you want.  You can create a call list and only the people on your list will get through.  Since I did that I have not gotton one telemarketing call.  I can still use my land line of outgoing calls.  Trust me when I tell you that droping AT&T will not stop the calls but you may end up with more calls because of the loop hole in the do not call list that says if you have had a relationship with a company then they do not have to abide by the do not call list.  I will love to hear anyone else and how you handle telemarketers.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.