Get the myAT&T app
Darknessrise's profile

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

Saturday, January 12th, 2013 12:49 AM

AT&T Falling Behind - Must Push Upgrade Faster

I hope they push those upgrades they are planning faster since they're already falling really behind :/. Here's the Netindex speedtest results in our state. $19.99 for 16/2(25/4 boosts) or $25.95 for 3/1 :/?

Download:

1.jpg

Upload:

2.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

@Darknessrise wrote:

Don't forget, I said these were promo prices comparing to AT&T promos.

16/2(25/4 bursts) off promo is $48.85 or $62.85IWithout bundle) and 50/15 is $58.85 bundled and $72.85 with internet only.

And if you think I'm lying, you're crazy :).

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1103829/

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1120733/

Even though the threads are old, these pop up as offers often.

http://speedtest.net/result/2430242719.png

Loving my $19.99 16/2 sustained Comcast :).

Do I care, no.  Does this site state that it has anything to do with Comcast or the competitors?  No.  Why is it that the ATT UVerse forums attract those like you, but if we went into the competitors and postes something against them, or gave a negative view point, it would be deleted in a heartbeat.  I can tell you why that is.  It is because people with Comcast, TWC and the rest of the competition seem to live in Ivory towers as customers, and cannot see the forest for the trees.

I can tell you this, that I will never ever allow Comcast into my household ever again, as long as I live.  I have no problems with UVerse, and have had actually better Picture quality with both SD & HD channels, plus get whole house DVR, more HD & OnDemand choices, along with having tech's that can actually respond in a timely matter when I actually run into something that I am unable to resolve from my end, compared to Comcast.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

11 years ago

Well this does involve AT&T. They're overcharging their customers for a poor internet product. Hey, I would go right back to AT&T internet if they kept their pricing competitive. I'm posting here to try to make AT&T try to see how stupid they are with their pricing. I would happily take AT&T over Comfail if they actually make their pricing decent. We still have U-verse TV/Phone just no internet :). Also, due to their pricesthey are making others charge more since there's really no competition anymore. Shouldn't be bashing someone trying to get your rates lowered Smiley Wink . We would all love to see U-verse internet become competitive against cable companies. While I must say, Comcast's billing is horrible you just have to get it fixed to keep cheap and fast internet. I'll probably go back to AT&T if they increase the speeds like they say and their prices go down a little once my year ends and it goes to $34.99

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

@Darknessrise wrote:

Well this does involve AT&T. They're overcharging their customers for a poor internet product. Hey, I would go right back to AT&T internet if they kept their pricing competitive. I'm posting here to try to make AT&T try to see how stupid they are with their pricing. I would happily take AT&T over Comfail if they actually make their pricing decent. We still have U-verse TV/Phone just no internet :). Also, due to their pricesthey are making others charge more since there's really no competition anymore. Shouldn't be bashing someone trying to get your rates lowered Smiley Wink . We would all love to see U-verse internet become competitive against cable companies.

Overcharging for a poor product, sorry that is only in your opinion.  I deal with financial info all day long, along with having a major in accounting, I can tell you that when it all comes down to everything, there is really only about a $35 to $40 difference between the pricing for ATT Uverse & the competitors for like packages.  Plus thing is, you get more for your money with UVerse, than you do with Comcast, when you look at the big picture.

For an example, look at http://www.avsforum.com/t/1058081/official-avs-national-hd-channel-lineups-cable-dbs-fiber-iptv-updated-5-26-12 for comparisson of HD channel offerings between all, that ATT has the largest offering of channels available to any of the competition.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

11 years ago

I'm not talking about U-verse's TV product being overpriced though, I'm only referring to internet. U-verse has a much cheaper TV product than the others. We have U300(1 DVR/2 reg) + Unlimited Phone + Comcast Performance Internet for $115.99 base price(Not including all the fees)

Pairing up U-verse TV and phone with Comcast Internet makes your home service really cheap depending on what offers you can get.

Back on my original topic, will AT&T do what they say they plan to do and follow through with it? It's something we've been waiting for and would be sad to see it fail. Any spottings of AT&T trying to upgrade around their area?

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

And again, who cares. Only person that seems to care is you. So if you want Comcast, you are welcome to have them as your provider, and I am sure that there is a lot you can contribute in their forums regarding their service.

As for changes, ATT has some Ace's up their sleeve, that within the last two quarters of this year, and starting next year, you will see increased Internet speeds.

Matter of fact, Trendnet just announced a 1.8gbps Wireless Access Point at CES this week. That means that due to the 5 year cycle, you are going to start seeing more 2gb Networking products out in the mainstream for consumers, along with more equipment providers start introducing more higher throughput equipment for Internal LAN use, along with allowing better WAN to LAN throughput, so that means that providers are seeing not only what the economy holds out for them, but also what has been in the lab, is finally getting out to the consumers.

Trendnet's 450meg Access Point now is out for half of what it originally cost a year ago, so that tells you right there, that the equipment is getting out to the consumers, so that they are ready when the ISP's open up even more.  But in turn, D.C. is the final say in what is the cause & effect to when it comes to U.S. providers giving more or less to their customers.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

11 years ago

Can you... uh.. please stop twisting my words around? Why are you acting like I'm trying to get people to join Comcast? I don't, I just want to try to get things changed. I just came here to say that they need to work a little faster and to look for information about upgrades....

To be honest, most of the "Awarded" people on these forums don't even deserve it. Whenever I go through these forums I see the same people "Awarded" people posting rude comments to people asking for help with how to find something. Only people who deserve it would be Somejoe, Texasguy, RCSMG, JefferMC, etc. They seem to be handing out the award like free candy. If you wanted to change my whole point of this thread you should of just discussed this with me in PM. I have no intention to say that U-verse was a horrible fail. It has so much potential that I would like to make AT&T begin to use (Which was the point).

Well, I guess this thread went down the gutter. Have a nice night.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

If you did not post on here glorifying Comcast, why would not anyone think that you are trying to get people to go over to Comcast or any of the competition int the market that they have Uverse in.

Sorry, but you are not going to prove in any fact, that no matter what, that Comcast or any Coax Pay to watch TV provider, still using old technologies to get the content to the consumer is going to be the best.

Go look it up, Coax to the home providers are removing SD & HD channels, left & right, or compacting them into as much QAM as they can, so they can expand the Internet capabilities for the customers.

Face it, Coax providers have ran out of bandwidth, and along with every trick in the book to make consumers think that they are better.

There is also a reason why when Comcast brings their corporate jets into the company that my wife works for, that services & maintains Corporate jets, that they do not use Comcast, Xfinity or any other name to designate who they are, due to people are not happy with them.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

Greg,

Stop being so rude to people who think UVerse isn't perfect.  Guess what, they aren't. But then again, no service is.  I agree AT&T needs to keep on their toes because other providers are starting to pass them by with their offerings.  The only counter point I was trying to make is that the prices he quoted in his original message are not accurate everywhere as I went shopping and couldn't find those $19.95 deals anywhere for those speeds. 

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I am not being rude, I am stating the facts. That being that everyone chooses their provider for a reason. Going into a competitor forum, especially the Uverse forum that is not only this one, but the one over at dslreports, and down talking by some like the OP, stating that ATT is no good, is nothing more than spreading FUD, and doing nothing more than showing that the person hating on the service knows nothing about it.

As far as I am concerned, the OP is probably being paid or receiving some type of compensation from the competition to start topics like this.

You do not see those of us going into the competition's forums and degrading their service or talking smack about them in those forums. It is just that I get tired of the various topics that state such and such is better than bread and butter, and those like the OP, makes it sound all rosey, when it actually isn't.

If they actually researched their info before posting on here, they would find that the customer is not getting a better deal in the long run.

I can tell you this also, I switched from Comcast, because I got tired of them promising whole home dvr, more HD, better customer service, etc., and failed on all of them. That is why I switched to UVerse. I am satisfied with what I get, and actually am saving money more than I did with Comcast.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I could not find those deals either, so that is what lead me to believe that the OP did not have their facts straight.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.