ACCOUNT NUMBER

ACCOUNT NUMBER

Hello

I noticed on my statements  (online) printed) that my acct number is shown in two different variations, On top  right corner of statements that show the page number/ billing cycle/account number.. the/my/account shows (9) digits..

On bottom of statement where it shows. Due Date/amount/my name 

address//ATT address/ Att Logo/  My account number shows (10) digits

sample: 123456789.......123456789-0. When chatting with agent it was stated My acct does not show the (10) digit acct number.. and to "Ignore it" he cannot see the extra digit. To "ignore" is unaceptable. It is there for a reason. And having my acct. number shown in different formats requires investigation from U-Verse ?/etc.and a suitable explanation. Account numbers verify who you are;to ignore it is out of the question.

Thank You For Your Support

Message 1 of 3 (2,871 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: ACCOUNT NUMBER

Mine has an extra 3 on that payment stub part.  I've never noticed.  I have Uverse for 7 years.

Don't worry about it.  Smiley Frustrated

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (2,866 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by skeeterintexas (ACE - Master)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: ACCOUNT NUMBER

Italianlady69 - That last digit is called a check digit. It is calculated based on all the digits in the account number. It is requested that you use it when mailing your payment to verify that the entry clerk types your account number correctly. If the value  calculated basedon the account entered & the entered value of the check digit do not match it will error out.

In the early days, this carried over to electronic payments. My bank edit required ten digits, but nobody knew how to add that tenth digit. Since then, they have come to their senses and realized that the electronicly provided number is the same every time & therefore, will be correct.

Currently, the bank & att both accept nine or ten digits.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (2,853 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support