Get the myAT&T app
mamabecka's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 16th, 2013 5:31 PM

Closed

$200 Rewards Card Redemption EXPIRED?!! HORRIBLE Customer Service!

I had a HORRIBLE experience with AT&T today. Let me first say that I am a VERY loyal AT&T customer. I have been an AT&T wireless costumer for about 5 years and I am a U-Verse customer that is about to move her services to a new address. When I first signed up for AT&T Uverse back in February of this year I was told I was going to receive a $200 rebate/rewards card. Which I assumed was just going to be mailed to me. Nothing came. It wasnt until a couple of months ago when I received a reward notification for a $10 Visa Card, that I realized I had to redeem my card online. I NEVER received notification to redeem. In fact, I was never acknowledge as a bundled customer and had to call in to have my discounts manual entered EVERY MONTH until May 2013. This may be why I never received the Reward notification in the mail. I called AT&T today to try to fix this problem, and I was spoken to very rudely and was told it was too late to redeem my card. I was NEVER told how the rebate system works, I NEVER received award notification because I wasnt acknowledge in the billing system as a bundle customer until more than 3 months later, so how was this my fault? I even told the customer service rep that if I was going to be treated this rudely that I wouldnt move my services and would cancel all together, but she continued to rush me off the phone. I have NEVER been treated this way by an AT&T employee and it was VERY frustrating. I have always been an advocate for AT&T's great customer service and relationship skills, and this was VERY disappointing. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Same thing happened to me.  I was supposed to get 250$.  After 10 phone calls, being transferred, hung up on, transferred to somewhere that could not help me etc. I finally got $100 out of them.  Said the promotion I was given never existed. Typical ATT runaround and bait and switch.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I want to say that this issue is now solved!! Within just a couple of days, I was reached out to by Social Media Manager, Ryan. He put a $200 credit/adjustment on my account to make up for the $200 Rewards card I never received. I am VERY happy with AT&T for taking care of this issue so quickly. Thank you very much again AT&T!! This is why I have always loved you!! 😄

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

That's great, mamabecka! I'm so glad to hear we got that resolved for you. I hope we continue to see you around in the forums! As always, please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I can completely disagree with this, as I haven't used any of my Visa Reward Card, as I wanted to use for holiday expenditures, I called, and said a balance of $150 was still on card, they re-issued me a card ($7 processing chage - whatever!) and so I'll have a new card in 2-3 weeks, at $143 balance. I'll take it!

Thank you AT&T. Much better in my opinion than other carriers I've dealt with when it comes to customer satisfaction and loyalty.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have an expired rewards card too, and I emailed where they said to email and I haven't gotten a response. If someone could please respond to me I'd REALLY appreciate it. I was SOOO sad and upset to realize that it expired at the end of Dec when I found it Jan 4:(

Thank you!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi Same thing happened for me,I have 200$ reward which got expired,REwardcenter agent told he can't do anything funds got expired.Can Someone help me.I have sent a mail to customercare,But when I spoke to the person last year they i will get some amount in case of card expires.
I felt I got cheated 😞
-Anand

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello anandamurugann,

Thank you for sending us a message. One of our managers will contact you as soon as possible to help.

Thanks again,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

So apparently this is a common issue. I glad im not alone. Now hopefully I can get my expired rewards as well. Ok so here's the situation; I had att uverse and internet (I also have been with att for many years now with our cellphones) when my fiance and I decided to move to a different city we called customer service to have our service transferred but I guess uverse was not available at our new address so sadly we had to cancel. A couple months later we happened to be at an AT&T store about out phones and they happened to mention that service is available. So we restarted a new service. But in the mix of mobing and mail being forwarded/not forwarded I find a forwarded mail from my previous account for a rewards card but it was EXPIRED! Now I cant claim it what im being told! Why? I know that its expired but why cant it be claimed if it never was claimed and I still am a memeber. I love AT&T but it seems like when its time to get what people are promosed as an insentive theres all these steps and hassle loop holes that people have to go through. Please contact me on my email [edited for privacy]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

We too changed over to ATT last year and were told we would get $200.00 in gift cards.  Until now we have not heard anything.  If ATT doesn't have to abide by their promises, do we have to abide by our contract?  Judging from all the postings about the rewards offer, ATT doesn't seem to value customer satisfaction.  That is a growing concern for businesses today.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

As of today we still have not had a response to our complaint.  I want to know if ATT doesn't honor their promises do we have to honor our contract.  Fair is fair!  Is it too much to ask for the courtesy of a response? So much for customer satisfaction. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.