Explore & discover

Helpful Links

19.95 or $35 p/m

Teacher

19.95 or $35 p/m

Hi,

I am a new customer and just ordered Home internet DSL pro w/o phone line. When I ordered, the confirmation page showed me $19.95 per month charges for 1 year + DSL modem charge = $75.

Now When I get order confirmation email from ATT, I see

Total Monthly Charges $35and One time Charges $75

What is this ??? Do I have to pay $35 a month or $19.95 a month + ofcourse taxes.

Can someone explain this to me? I'd like to cacel my online order in case it is $35 /pm for new customer.

Thanks

Message 1 of 26
Expert

Re: 19.95 or $35 p/m

Next time you call, go directly to Sales--they're the ones who technically came up with this deal to begin with.  I've always had better luck with them (instead of Billing) when it comes to pricing issues.  Good luck!            

@upengan78 wrote:

Nope. I think chat support people ask us to call that 1-800.. number for billing issues.  Wonder if chat can be useful, I will tr y that if you think it can be useful.

Message 16 of 26
Teacher

Hello guys,

I chose the billing section again. Listened to music for 30 minutes, finished sour onion chips packet when finally talked to real good customer support lady in Ohio -  very talkative, lol . Well she took her time but she sure fixed the problem as I can see my online bill now reflects 19.95 as charge as opposed to previous $35.  I hope she fixed that for full one year , she said she did and I will take her word.

She said I will receive a survery, I haven't received. Hope I receive it soon.

Message 17 of 26
Expert

Thanks for the update--and keep an eye on that bill. Smiley Wink  Hope it is fixed now; you've been more than patient.

Message 18 of 26
Expert

Enjoy.

Message 19 of 26
Teacher

Hello..

Didn't really want to reply to my old thread but thought it will actually help in understanding my question below due to past details in this thread.

I am not able to pay this month's bill. Last month Bill showed $4.95 to be paid but I paid 19.95 thinking that was their mistake(I don't know if they can mistake in those places) so that bill got paid. Now I can't pay this month's bill.

Attached screenshot from Firefox- Account number erased (and some of my bookmarks as well)

Do I need to worry?

att_oct_bill.jpg

Message 20 of 26
Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by upengan78
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

It shows that your account has a credit balance, thus there is nothing to pay.

Tags (1)
Message 21 of 26

There is nothing to pay.  You have a credit balance of $25.20.  However, if you're having trouble paying your bill, it's time to cancel your service.

Tags (1)
Message 22 of 26
Teacher

Thanks guys for quick reply. That is great to know. I guess I am not able to pay this time is only because I have credit balance, payment method on this site worked fine before..

Have a good day.

Message 23 of 26
Highlighted

Oh, OK.  I thought you were saying you didn't have the money to pay.

Message 24 of 26
Expert

I wouldn't worry, but I would call cs to discuss what is going on with my bill.  Just to make sure you don't get undersireable and or unexpected results.

Message 25 of 26

I think they were credited for some of the over-billed months.  They should have one more month of "pre-paid" service, then back to normal.

Message 26 of 26
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support