Get the myAT&T app
upengan78's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Saturday, April 9th, 2011 8:53 PM

19.95 or $35 p/m

Hi,

I am a new customer and just ordered Home internet DSL pro w/o phone line. When I ordered, the confirmation page showed me $19.95 per month charges for 1 year + DSL modem charge = $75.

Now When I get order confirmation email from ATT, I see

Total Monthly Charges $35and One time Charges $75

What is this ??? Do I have to pay $35 a month or $19.95 a month + ofcourse taxes.

Can someone explain this to me? I'd like to cacel my online order in case it is $35 /pm for new customer.

Thanks

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

Smiley Very Happy Yeah I'll be watchful.

Thanks for the clarification about fiber optics , Uverse and ins and outs 🙂

thanks and take care.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

YW, and good luck with that bill, and enjoy your UV HSI.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

So after 3 months of happiness, now I had to come here and dig open this old thread again.

Being new customer I was supposed to get one year promotional rate of 19.95,  but my current bill shows $35 due on Aug 20 and 1 year is not over  yet !

So I call their customer billing support number, talk with lady for 15-20 minutes including waiting time. She tells me she will forward a note to billing system and it will get relfected in about a month but I have to pay 35 this month so while I started confirming what she told me earlier, she said "Oh you know what I am in North carolina and you are in Chicago, let me transfer you to Chicago customer team, Okay?" I said okay and there starts waiting,  I waited for 40 minutes and operators were always busy  and so I hang up. Can't spend more money on my cell phone minutes(pay as I go). So this phone call afterall was a waste.

I know it wouldn' t help much just by writing here but thought I'd write for those who care ..

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

Did you try using the online chat service to get this resolved?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

Nope. I think chat support people ask us to call that 1-800.. number for billing issues.  Wonder if chat can be useful, I will tr y that if you think it can be useful.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

People have posted that they got several issues resolved using the chat service. 

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Next time you call, go directly to Sales--they're the ones who technically came up with this deal to begin with.  I've always had better luck with them (instead of Billing) when it comes to pricing issues.  Good luck!            

@upengan78 wrote:

Nope. I think chat support people ask us to call that 1-800.. number for billing issues.  Wonder if chat can be useful, I will tr y that if you think it can be useful.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

Hello guys,

I chose the billing section again. Listened to music for 30 minutes, finished sour onion chips packet when finally talked to real good customer support lady in Ohio -  very talkative, lol . Well she took her time but she sure fixed the problem as I can see my online bill now reflects 19.95 as charge as opposed to previous $35.  I hope she fixed that for full one year , she said she did and I will take her word.

She said I will receive a survery, I haven't received. Hope I receive it soon.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for the update--and keep an eye on that bill. Smiley Wink  Hope it is fixed now; you've been more than patient.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

Enjoy.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.