Get the myAT&T app
upengan78's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Saturday, April 9th, 2011 8:53 PM

19.95 or $35 p/m

Hi,

I am a new customer and just ordered Home internet DSL pro w/o phone line. When I ordered, the confirmation page showed me $19.95 per month charges for 1 year + DSL modem charge = $75.

Now When I get order confirmation email from ATT, I see

Total Monthly Charges $35and One time Charges $75

What is this ??? Do I have to pay $35 a month or $19.95 a month + ofcourse taxes.

Can someone explain this to me? I'd like to cacel my online order in case it is $35 /pm for new customer.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

It shows that your account has a credit balance, thus there is nothing to pay.

Official Solution

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

12 years ago

There is nothing to pay.  You have a credit balance of $25.20.  However, if you're having trouble paying your bill, it's time to cancel your service.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Do you have Uverse Internet, or regular ATT DSL?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet Service <-- This is what the email says I ordered. I chose for Internet w/o phone line on ATT site and I think that had taken me to U-verse site with 19.95 p/m option for PRO -D. I have the confirmation of order that says 19.95 pm and 75 for modem but email says 35 + 75 😞

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

OK.

I have Elite, which is $40/mo. (I think everyone's prices went up $5 in Feb.--Elite was $35), and there's a double-pack discount of $10 for combining that with UV TV service.

I can't get into the ATT site to view the prices/offers (common situation for some as of late!).

But looking at the Account Mgr. on TV, Pro shows Starting at $35.

Maybe they are giving you a discount for Pro for a certain period?

I would definitely call on Monday and see what the deal is.  Does the email have the same confirmation order number they gave over the phone/online?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

I took print of checkout page which they mention ,

Order Number : BJ..

ATT U-verseHigh speed Internet
Pro -D . Monthly Charges : 19.95

Uverse Modem with wireless router $75

Total billed to customer : 94.95 (tax not included)

Then  I received 3 emails from them.

Sub : Order received for ATT high speed internet

Your AT&T online confirmation id is: BJH..........

Sub : ATT Uverse Order confirmation

Billing Account Number (BAN): 1106......

Service Activation Date: 8:00 PM on 2011-04-15 23:59:59

Your Order Summary
Monthly Recurring Charges
AT&T U-verse Internet $35 .00
Residential Gateway $0 .00
Total Monthly Recurring Charges $35 .00

One Time Charges
Installation of AT&T U-verse Internet $0 .00
Modem $75 .00
   *Additional charges paid prior to installation,
   including any paid at the point of sale, may
   not be displayed.
Total One Time Charges $75 .00

Sub : Your Att Order #BJ......

AT&T DSL Information:
Your request for DSL service is complete.
New Service:
The Account Number associated with your DSL service is 1106...

I will make call on Monday for clarification but if I go to att site they still show me 19.95 for new customers for a year only 6Mbps cost is 24.95

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

I totally believe the discrepancy!  Sometimes I think one dept. doesn't know what the other one is doing. Smiley Sad

When I had regular DSL, they were always dropping the price; it was never an automatic adjustment, I had to call.  And this was from seeing an ad on TV or in my bill.  Back in those days, it wasn't found online like it is today.

If they give you any flack, come back and let us know.  You have written proof!  Good luck!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

spd2demun wrote:

OK.

I have Elite, which is $40/mo. (I think everyone's prices went up $5 in Feb.--Elite was $35), and there's a double-pack discount of $10 for combining that with UV TV service.

Actually, the internet price increase occurred on February 1, 2010.  You were grandfathered in at the old price until February 1, 2011.  New customers had already been paying the higher prices during the previous year.  Thus, it was only those who had the lower grandfathered pricing who experienced an internet price increase on February 1, 2011.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

Hi again,

Did make that phone call just now. Lady on other end confirmed that it is the standard email that gets sent out to everyone no matter new or old customer. And 19.95 will be reflected in the 3rd bill.  One more thing she said, is this fiber optic connection while she was trying to locate my details, to which I said no and told it is U verse D. She said that's what it is! Is Uverse Fiber optic ? I don't have any fiber connection coming to my house/unit 😄 What now?

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

That's good!  Be sure and watch your bill just in case the wrong amount slips through.

Uverse is fiber optics, but most of us have copper (coax, if you will) for the *last mile*.  Mostly new construction gets all fiber to the home.  It's misleading when ATT phone personnel cannot clarify the difference. Smiley Sad  I know we were told everything would be wired indoors (TV and HSI) with Ethernet and fiber outside...NOT!  Smiley Very Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.