Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 22, 2013
8:20:27 PM
iPad and Forum Questions

I've got a new iPad and am still learning.  I ran into two issues regarding this forum.

1.  Even though the auto login option is on, I have to manually log in every time I return to the site--I do not logout, I either close Safari or go to another site.  Can I stay logged in on an iPad, and if so, how?

2.  I tried earlier to insert a hyperlink into a reply.  I was able to copy or cut a link and paste it into the dialog box that pops up when the chain icon is pressed; but there is no OK button, nor return option on the keyboard that allows the link to be inserted into the reply.  I do not use a separate Bluetooth keyboard as yet, and the return button (visible now as I type) is replaced by a "Go" button when typing in the dialog box, and pressing Go results in an immediate closing of Safari.  How can I insert a hyperlink from my iPad?

I'm a low-tech iPad newbie, and I couldn't find an answer online--any suggestions?  Thanks!

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein

I've got a new iPad and am still learning.  I ran into two issues regarding this forum.

1.  Even though the auto login option is on, I have to manually log in every time I return to the site--I do not logout, I either close Safari or go to another site.  Can I stay logged in on an iPad, and if so, how?

2.  I tried earlier to insert a hyperlink into a reply.  I was able to copy or cut a link and paste it into the dialog box that pops up when the chain icon is pressed; but there is no OK button, nor return option on the keyboard that allows the link to be inserted into the reply.  I do not use a separate Bluetooth keyboard as yet, and the return button (visible now as I type) is replaced by a "Go" button when typing in the dialog box, and pressing Go results in an immediate closing of Safari.  How can I insert a hyperlink from my iPad?

I'm a low-tech iPad newbie, and I couldn't find an answer online--any suggestions?  Thanks!

docbombay

iPad and Forum Questions

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2013 7:03:21 AM
(0)

Hi docbombay,

I am sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing.

I will be sending you a PM so that I may gather some more details about this scenario.

Thanks!

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

Hi docbombay,

I am sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing.

I will be sending you a PM so that I may gather some more details about this scenario.

Thanks!

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

Re: iPad and Forum Questions

2 of 2 (395 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments