Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 11, 2013
7:50:13 PM
View profile
Posting

Cannot get my message to post.  When I select board, click on post select board is still highlighted.  If this msg posts, maybe I can get the other to post. 

Cannot get my message to post.  When I select board, click on post select board is still highlighted.  If this msg posts, maybe I can get the other to post. 

Posting

6 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2013 8:58:05 PM
(0)
Edited by Phil-101 on May 11, 2013 at 8:59:52 PM

Hi weimardog,

I'm not sure I fully understand the problem.

Could you provide the URL of the page you are starting from and what 'module' on the page.

Are you using the Post to the community link in the Ask a Question module?

Also, let me know which browser you are using.

Thanks!

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

Hi weimardog,

I'm not sure I fully understand the problem.

Could you provide the URL of the page you are starting from and what 'module' on the page.

Are you using the Post to the community link in the Ask a Question module?

Also, let me know which browser you are using.

Thanks!

Re: Posting

[ Edited ]
2 of 7 (472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2013 9:47:48 PM
(0)
Scholar

When I try and use to link to post to community, is where I have the problem.  When I click on Uverse General Care and Support and then new topic, I do not have a problem  posting.  I went ahead and posted my real issue on th Uverse GC&S.  I guess this is where I am supposed to post everything.  Oh, I am using Firefox. 

When I try and use to link to post to community, is where I have the problem.  When I click on Uverse General Care and Support and then new topic, I do not have a problem  posting.  I went ahead and posted my real issue on th Uverse GC&S.  I guess this is where I am supposed to post everything.  Oh, I am using Firefox. 

3 of 7 (454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2013 10:15:50 PM
(0)

Okay, I understand.

When you use the Post to the community link you have to expand the category 'tree' to get to the desired board.

It's probably just as easy to navigate to the board you want and post a New Message as you described.

Thanks.

Okay, I understand.

When you use the Post to the community link you have to expand the category 'tree' to get to the desired board.

It's probably just as easy to navigate to the board you want and post a New Message as you described.

Thanks.

4 of 7 (452 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2013 3:51:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Phil-101 RE: When you use the Post to the community link you have to expand the category 'tree' to get to the desired board.

I had this same problem yesterday using chrome to post my CBS post.

Looking for a way to post a new message I saw the post to community link & clicked - got the entry screen - typed my post - hit the post button - failed error message says select board (I thought I was already in the board) - I see the select board button - activate & select & nothing happens - Hit post button - same error message - repeat endlessly.

Later, I went to the lowest board level & was able to post.

I guess if you activate the post to community link and then the select a board button first it may work, or maybe not.

But, it should also work if the post button is activated before the select a board button.
Phil-101 RE: When you use the Post to the community link you have to expand the category 'tree' to get to the desired board.

I had this same problem yesterday using chrome to post my CBS post.

Looking for a way to post a new message I saw the post to community link & clicked - got the entry screen - typed my post - hit the post button - failed error message says select board (I thought I was already in the board) - I see the select board button - activate & select & nothing happens - Hit post button - same error message - repeat endlessly.

Later, I went to the lowest board level & was able to post.

I guess if you activate the post to community link and then the select a board button first it may work, or maybe not.

But, it should also work if the post button is activated before the select a board button.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 7 (422 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2013 6:41:15 AM
(0)

Hi aviewer,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.  I was able to reproduce the error you experienced only when using Chrome.

When using IE or Firefox, I am able to successfully post when selecting a board after a failed attempt due to an initial blank board selection.

I'll report this to the tech team.

Hi aviewer,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.  I was able to reproduce the error you experienced only when using Chrome.

When using IE or Firefox, I am able to successfully post when selecting a board after a failed attempt due to an initial blank board selection.

I'll report this to the tech team.

6 of 7 (403 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2013 7:20:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Thanks Phil
Thanks Phil
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 7 (399 Views)