Please enable Block User functionality!

Mentor

Please enable Block User functionality!

I've looked everywhere for a way to block another user on the forums so that you don't have to see their posts and they can't see yours, but can't find it anywhere!  (Only the ability to ignore private messages).

I've been a moderator on a couple of very large internet message boards, and sadly, there are trolls on every public message board. They are so much easier to manage when they can be starved of attention by blocking them, or at least prevented from harassing specific users!  It's a feature in every bulletin board software I've seen, so I'm hoping it's something that can enabled on here.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (1,108 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by skeeterintexas (ACE - Master)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Please enable Block User functionality!

Use "report inappropriate content" from the "Options" menu on the upper right hand side of the post.

While you cannot block a certain user, the mods here are on top of things, especially if someone brings it to their attention.

Once you report the post, please tag it so others will know.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (1,077 Views)
Mentor

What tags would you suggest using? I imagine that something like "Unhelpful", "unresponsive", or "harassing" would not be acceptable. Smiley Happy

Thanks
Message 3 of 4 (1,043 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

I generally use " mod notified " on the tag.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (1,014 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.