Ask a question

Highlighted
Posted Feb 10, 2013
9:35:25 PM
View profile
Please enable Block User functionality!

I've looked everywhere for a way to block another user on the forums so that you don't have to see their posts and they can't see yours, but can't find it anywhere!  (Only the ability to ignore private messages).

I've been a moderator on a couple of very large internet message boards, and sadly, there are trolls on every public message board. They are so much easier to manage when they can be starved of attention by blocking them, or at least prevented from harassing specific users!  It's a feature in every bulletin board software I've seen, so I'm hoping it's something that can enabled on here.

Thanks!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 11, 2013 5:47:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Use "report inappropriate content" from the "Options" menu on the upper right hand side of the post.

While you cannot block a certain user, the mods here are on top of things, especially if someone brings it to their attention.

Once you report the post, please tag it so others will know.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Please enable Block User functionality!

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 11, 2013 5:47:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Use "report inappropriate content" from the "Options" menu on the upper right hand side of the post.

While you cannot block a certain user, the mods here are on top of things, especially if someone brings it to their attention.

Once you report the post, please tag it so others will know.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Please enable Block User functionality!

2 of 4 (921 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2013 3:45:04 PM
(0)
Mentor
What tags would you suggest using? I imagine that something like "Unhelpful", "unresponsive", or "harassing" would not be acceptable. Smiley Happy

Thanks

3 of 4 (887 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2013 8:23:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Feb 11, 2013 at 8:24:28 PM

I generally use " mod notified " on the tag.

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (858 Views)