Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 16, 2011
6:49:07 AM
View profile
Messages With No Message In The Body
Edited by Tifa_Shines on Apr 16, 2011 at 7:56:56 AM

The last week or so I have seen a lot of messages on the TV Programming Forum that have subjects, but no messages in the body

Are there certain browsers that people are using that do not permit messages in the body of the text? I doubt it.

Maybe people are so mad, that they just do not have the words to express their anger.

No Hallmark, 20 Cardinal games being blacked out, poor HD Quality, Paid Advertisement Programming, Music Choice is bad, bring back Urge, fees going up, etc.

"I'm as mad as {Keep it Appropriate-please don't evade word filter}, and I'm not going to take this anymore! ..."

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

The last week or so I have seen a lot of messages on the TV Programming Forum that have subjects, but no messages in the body

Are there certain browsers that people are using that do not permit messages in the body of the text? I doubt it.

Maybe people are so mad, that they just do not have the words to express their anger.

No Hallmark, 20 Cardinal games being blacked out, poor HD Quality, Paid Advertisement Programming, Music Choice is bad, bring back Urge, fees going up, etc.

"I'm as mad as {Keep it Appropriate-please don't evade word filter}, and I'm not going to take this anymore! ..."

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 16, 2011 8:00:21 AM
(0)
Expert

This forum software is doing that when someone uses IE9 and the browser is not set to compatibility mode.  The solution is to turn on compatibility mode, or use IE8 or Firefox.

Messages With No Message In The Body

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 16, 2011 8:00:21 AM
(0)
Expert

This forum software is doing that when someone uses IE9 and the browser is not set to compatibility mode.  The solution is to turn on compatibility mode, or use IE8 or Firefox.

Re: Messages With No Message In The Body

2 of 6 (561 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2011 9:01:34 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

If you see a blank post, the user is using a browser that is not compatible with the forum software. We remove blank posts and will inform the user to try another browser.

Thanks!

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

If you see a blank post, the user is using a browser that is not compatible with the forum software. We remove blank posts and will inform the user to try another browser.

Thanks!

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

3 of 6 (548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2011 1:40:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by Kong57 on Apr 16, 2011 at 1:42:08 PM

I had a couple, sorry about that. I am using IE9 and in  Compatibility mode now, hope this works...

Edit: It works

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!

I had a couple, sorry about that. I am using IE9 and in  Compatibility mode now, hope this works...

Edit: It works

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 6 (528 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2011 12:17:05 PM
(0)
Tutor

No Text When Posting On Uverse Forum

5 of 6 (508 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2011 12:40:23 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hi logan 231,

You may be using a browser version that is currently unsupported by the forums. While we are working on compatibility with newer browsers, it may be best for you to use an alternate browser to post new messages to the community. You may also try switching your current browser to compatability mode.

If you have any questions about this matter please feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you,

Tifa_Shines

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions". This will help other users find this information too!!

Tifa_Shines

Hi logan 231,

You may be using a browser version that is currently unsupported by the forums. While we are working on compatibility with newer browsers, it may be best for you to use an alternate browser to post new messages to the community. You may also try switching your current browser to compatability mode.

If you have any questions about this matter please feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you,

Tifa_Shines

Re: No Text When Posting On Uverse Forum

6 of 6 (500 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments