Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Mail marked as SPAM on webmail is still being forwarded to home client

Mail marked as SPAM on webmail is still being forwarded to home client

So about a week ago I fire up Thunderbird on my pc and one of my ATT email sub-accounts receives about 50 emails already marked as (bulk). Previously I would get a couple of those on any of my email accounts every once in a while. In general, once the Yahoo spam filter marked them they would go the the server spam folder and my home client wouldn't even know they were there.

So when this SPAM tsunami became a daily event i looked over both my primary and sub email acounts and saw they were set up identically but the primary would sequester the SPAM and not send it whereas the sub-account would sequester SPAM and go ahead and send it through.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of settings for SPAM management to address anything but the trashing interval. Since the Yahoo spam filter appears to work the issue looks to be how to handle the SPAM after putting it in the SPAM folder.

Looking at the sender's address shows they are using nothing weirdo; name@blahblah.com

Sup, AT&T?

Message 1 of 3
Expert

Re: Mail marked as SPAM on webmail is still being forwarded to home client

@farmerjohn  Unlukily, only support ATT gives is the correct email client addresses.  Everything else is handled by Yahoo.  Or ATT may try to put you w/ConnecTech for $$, then they usually won't come up w/an answer. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 2 of 3

Re: Mail marked as SPAM on webmail is still being forwarded to home client

We all know how Yahoo handles stuff like this - they don't. If it ain't in their faq then you'll never see an answer. In fact, unless you're a business client I think I read they will not directly contact you. So most people are just faqqed if they don't have a common problem.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support