Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Landlord denied ATT&T contractors to bury cable

Contributor

Landlord denied ATT&T contractors to bury cable

So this is interesting.

I am renting a lot on a mobile home park, I had AT&T install my internet, U-Verse, the next day the contractors came out to bury the cable and the landlord stopped them.  They left, my cable is still crossing a road and gets run over daily.

Today, I heard the maintenance guy talking to AT&T on the phone about the situation.

Can my landlord not allow me to have AT&T? This is ironic as he lives 4 doors down and has uverse, but is trying to get mine disconnected because he doesn't want them to bury the cable.

Why am I worried?

I work remotely and need high speed internet.  I cannot go without it and do my job.  If I cannot stop him from disconnecting my UVERSE I will have to move.

I don't mind moving, however I do need to know the outcome relatively quickly as it will decide whether I pay rent this month or not.  If they are able to remove my service I will use my rent money to move instead of giving it to them.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Landlord denied ATT&T contractors to bury cable

If you live within a town (vs. unincorporated), you could see what the rule is within the city limits says.

UNFORTUNATELY, utilities are only guaranteed access to public utility easements and it sounds like the road is on private property.

Plan B would be to talk to the landlord and tell him that if you cannot get HSIA, you'll have to move.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Landlord denied ATT&T contractors to bury cable

It looks like ATT was able to convince him to bury the cable. they did such a good job you have to be a scout to find the cable path. idk why it was a deal with the landlord.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support