Get the myAT&T app
lancej93612's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 27th, 2015 11:55 PM

How Do I Get Postal Mail To Stop

How do I get AT&T U-verse to stop sending offers to my postal mailing address? I was told I could send a PM to AT&T Customer Care and I have done that. It has been more than 30 days and I'm still getting offers.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

From the link below:

AT&T will maintain a company-specific (Internal) Do Not Mail (DNM) list of existing and prospective residential customers who request not to receive any AT&T marketing materials via US Postal Mail.

• Consumers must contact the AT&T residential care center at 1-800-288-2020 and specify each individual member of the household and each associated address to be added to the DNM list.
  • Generally AT&T processes DNM requests within 30 days. However, because our mailings are processed well in advance, you may continue to receive additional offers for some time after the request date.
    • Please note that AT&T may direct mail market to certain neighborhoods or zip codes. These offerings are delivered to all homes in a neighborhood or zip code. You may continue to receive this type of mailing even if you opt-out of receiving marketing related postal mailings from AT&T.
  • DNM requests for an individual consumer at a residential address will remain in effect for THREE years from the date of request.
  • AT&T does not accept DNM requests from third party providers.
  • AT&T DNM requests will expire upon change of address.

AT&T will not share or disclose DNM information with any third party other than AT&T vendors responsible for direct mail marketing on AT&T’s behalf.

Notifications and other non-solicitation mail pieces are exempt from this Consumer Marketing Residential DNM Policy.

AT&T reserves the right to discontinue this Consumer Marketing Residential DNM policy, and may cease accepting DNM requests or otherwise modify this Consumer Marketing Residential DNM policy.

http://www.att.com/gen/privacy-policy?pid=22975

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

It's brilliant that you posted that as if it magically will make things stop once you contact the AT&T residential care center. I can verify that it does no good. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Calling them does no good - the representatives have no idea how to even process an opt-out request, and at best they transfer you to a black hole or wrong extension.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@davidalynn wrote:

Calling them does no good - the representatives have no idea how to even process an opt-out request, and at best they transfer you to a black hole or wrong extension.

Try this:

http://www.att.com/gen/privacy-policy?pid=24339

😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks, Chris.  Unfortunately, that page provides no solution for postal mail.  In the section on postal mail it links to this page http://www.att.com/gen/privacy-policy?pid=22975 which says you have to call and enter their endless loop of customer service failure.

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

Why do you want to waste all this time trying to stop junk mail that you are going to receive no matter what you do.  Do what I do just drop it in the trash.  If you find a way to stop junk mail you can make a lot of money selling the idea.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Chris - I can see that you have provided information on different forum entries about this and it is much appreciated.  Unfortunately, neither method (callling) or going to the Manage Privacy setting works.  I held for :30 minutes on the phone number provided on Att website and when the representative answered, she did not know how to process a request, put me on hold again, then seemingly transferred me where it went to a never never land and disconnected.  The Manage Privacy Setting pathway says the following (no opt out). I have no idea what this means.  

Relevant Advertising
To manage your Relevant Advertising preferences you must log into your satellite TV or wireless account.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

@ATTDmitriyCM, do you have any suggestions for this person?  This is not the first time I've heard that 800-288-2020 has no idea how to process a DNM request, although this page tells you that's what you have to do:

http://www.att.com/gen/privacy-policy?pid=22975

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hello @awnaus

Thank you for posting! We will be happy to help you with that. Please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

AT&T, Please provide a mailing address so we can send you a certified (signature required) letter to you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.