Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 13, 2013
4:43:40 PM
View profile
Help, these Community Emailers are.....................

driving me CRAZY.  In the last couple of minutes I've received FIVE emailers congratulating me on being an Observer, Traveloer, Contributor, Voyager and Teacher.  Should I be expecting any more?    Just wondering.  Thanks. 

driving me CRAZY.  In the last couple of minutes I've received FIVE emailers congratulating me on being an Observer, Traveloer, Contributor, Voyager and Teacher.  Should I be expecting any more?    Just wondering.  Thanks. 

Help, these Community Emailers are.....................

4 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2013 5:14:51 PM
(0)
Scholar

I got them also, i just read them and delete them.

I got them also, i just read them and delete them.

Re: Help, these Community Emailers are.....................

2 of 5 (687 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2013 5:20:42 PM
(0)
Scholar

Ugh, just got another  one.  Thanks.  I deleted them also.  Hope this is it though. 

Ugh, just got another  one.  Thanks.  I deleted them also.  Hope this is it though. 

3 of 5 (685 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2013 6:25:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Members in these forums are assigned ranks based on activity.  The rank structure just changed yesterday, and most everyone is getting assigned new ranks.  It is a new feature that you get an e-mail when you achieve a new rank; they probably didn't think about what would happen with this as the new ranks got assigned.

However, the barrage is probably through now.  Until you rank up again. Smiley Happy  But you should only get one e-mail then.

Members in these forums are assigned ranks based on activity.  The rank structure just changed yesterday, and most everyone is getting assigned new ranks.  It is a new feature that you get an e-mail when you achieve a new rank; they probably didn't think about what would happen with this as the new ranks got assigned.

However, the barrage is probably through now.  Until you rank up again. Smiley Happy  But you should only get one e-mail then.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (644 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2013 11:11:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yeah, what JefferMC said!

Apparently, they can't do just do an overlay to correct ranks.  If you were say a rank 2 (for example) and you should be a 5, they can't simply change it to a 5, they must promote you to a 3, then a 4 and finally to a 5.  Unfortunately, each promotion kicks an email out.  Maybe they will set a rule to only send a max of one promotion email per day, in case they re-do the ranks at some point.

Yeah, what JefferMC said!

Apparently, they can't do just do an overlay to correct ranks.  If you were say a rank 2 (for example) and you should be a 5, they can't simply change it to a 5, they must promote you to a 3, then a 4 and finally to a 5.  Unfortunately, each promotion kicks an email out.  Maybe they will set a rule to only send a max of one promotion email per day, in case they re-do the ranks at some point.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (599 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments