For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
MeMePaPa's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 13th, 2016 8:17 PM

You have to be kidding me

For the past year and a half we have had trouble with our cable, phones, and internet going out randomly. Each time it happened we patiently waited, just thinking that you had a lot of outages. We finally realized we were the only house going out so often and started calling for help. We have had countless people out to check it, changed the Uverse box twice, and have accumulated days of being without cable, internet and phone. The last several times we called, Customer Service told us that if it isn't fixed this time, they would send out the next level of repairmen to check it. We heard that several times before you finally actually did send someone.  Within minutes of being here he discovered that an old phone line had never been disconnected and was interfering with our lines. Had you sent him out the first, second, third time you said you would escalate the repair, this would have been settled months ago. Since I'm not the one responsible for disconnecting old phone lines, I think the blame falls fully in your lap. After the last call to Customer Service, which was a bit heated, but finally lead to getting the repair elevated, we told you how frustrated we were that no-one had ever even offered a credit of any sort for all the headaches we had been through and the time lost. The $10 credit she issued was a bigger insult than if she had given us nothing at all. You were very anxious to give us $200 to get our business but I guess we are only worth $10 to keep our business. Noted.

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @MeMePaPa,

Sorry to read of the trouble you are experiencing. In the past, surge protectors or power strips were causing the same issues you were experiencing. Even electronics like speakers near the modem and cause interruptions. If any of this are in use, remove them. They have been an easy fix to issues like this. 

If the above is not a factor or removing the surge protectors did not resolve the trouble, let us know. 

ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I explained in my posting that after several visits they finally discovered that an old phone line no longer in use had not been disconnected and was causing interference. The issue isn't getting the problem fixed, it's fixed, it's how we were treated getting up to that point. A $10.00 credit to make up for a year of constant problems just doesn't cut it. Over that time we lost days of service. I would have been happy with a nice sincere apology for our trouble and for not escalating the problem sooner. The $10.00 credit was a slap in the face. But that's okay because Google Fiber is laying lines in my neighborhood right now so it won't be long.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.