fooledagain's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Wednesday, March 16th, 2016 2:59 AM

Why was I charged if I canceled within 30 days?

To anyone thinkig about switching due to this promotion realize when they mention '30 days risk free' or 'trial' it means you have 30 days of not being under contract...IF YOU CANCEL THEY WILL CHARGE YOU FOR EVERY MINUTE YOU HAVE THE SERVICE. 

I cancelled 13 days after it was turned on because it didnt perform nearly as well as the salesperson said it would. Cancellation went well and was told as I was by salesperson I wouldnt owe anything if I decided I didn't like it.

So naturally here comes the uverse bill for 95$. ATT billing nightmare here we come. Called customer service they said bill was generated automatically and they couldnt do anything about it (thats a lie or complete incompetence) but in 45 days I would receive a final bill for the time I was using the service. 45 days? The person I was talking to said it would be prorated but couldnt tell me what the amount would be. Then she says it would be like a dollar something a day. Plus tax and modem charge no doubt. I'm not sending a dime for the 95$ bill, cant wait to see what they try to pump me for on the final bill. Asked to speak to supervisor...he says cant help because he cant see my information although he's the supervisor for the girl who has all my info...just a lie. Plus how many Indian people who barely speak english are named 'Shane'...LOL

So the nightmare is just beginning. Funny thing is the same day I cancelled uverse i called time warner to see if I could get the price lowered. They set me up with a new deal, and the same day I received the bogus att bill I got a new time warner bill, which lowered the current months bill to the new rate and prorated the whole billing period to the lower rate. Pretty cool, especially from a company with not a good customer service perception. Well done Time warner.

So basically ATT YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GARBAGE COMPARED TO TIME WARNER...THAT OUGHT TO SCARE YOU TO DEATH. Didn't think it was possible but grats ATT you have done the impossible...rock bottom support.

You ought to be ashamed of yourselves ATT...and God help DirecTV now that they are part of ATT. Time to pull the dish plug anyway...thanks for the incentive ATT. Enjoy the 20-40$ (who knows what you'll charge). I'ts going to cost you a 180$ month directv subscriber and guarantee that I and no one in our family will give you all a dime in the future. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

The customer service at ATT, not all are obnaxious and nonchalant, but most are, they kept me on the phone forever, finaly was transferred to Indian speaking Lady who totally messed my brain up. After regimarolling  with me, placed me on the waiting for very long time, came back to tell me that she will refer me to another dept, I informed her, that I was told that her dept, is the one that will solve my problem, she ignord me. This lady refused to solve my problem but rather gave me a non-working number to call, that dept will handle my problem, this was the number she give me1877991083. I called the number many time to no avail. What was my problem, my family has been with AT&T, for almost ten years subscribe to U-VERSE or whatever they call it, my bill was getting too high and I wanted to know how they will help me cut my bill down, only to be treated like my family has commited a crime. All my communication system as of now is with AT&T, but because of nonconcern of these agents I will move all my service to a company that knows that customer comes  first. My home phone, wifi system, internet and all my cell phone is with this AT&T of a thing. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

What is the website of Time warmer?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I canceled my service and I got told that I won't be charged anymore and still today I got charged again for a service I'm no longer using. This is unacceptable.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

How come I canceled my service in November and I'm getting a bill for December??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My internet account was cancelled in October 2016 and I'm still being charged through auto pay???!!! This is ridiculous. I spoke to 20 different people over a 3 hour long call . I need these charges reversed and they keep bouncing me around from department to department. You are no longer authorized to take anything from my account!!! I do not use your services This is theft!!! Someone please contact me ASAP.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I am having the exact same issue. Told 100% money back guarantee. I got the service on 7/14/16. The TV and fiber internet. I gave the techs 2 service calls to try to get it working reliably. The phone tech said there are a lot of problems with Uverse that they were recommending to go with Direct TV but there were also too many technical issues being forced to use ATT's router. So I cancelled it on 7/21/16 and returned the equipment. Assured that charges would be refunded. 30 days later I see a balance of $108. I chat in and get an assurance that it will reflect 0 on the next cycle. Next cycle I see it is still there.next chat I get the assurance it will be zero on th enext cycle. I also call by phone and talk to an american billing support and they said it will be credited. Then a month later I get a collection agency call. I have impeccable credit and have never had a late bill in almost 40 years of paying bills... Then I chat in to support and they say no refund because that covers installation. I was dumbfounded because the numerous pervious contacts I made said 100% money back no problem. So I spend a half hour going through my call history with the rep and he wont budge. I refer him to the money back guarantee stated on the ATT website and that the billing I have was only for service package, no line items with any installation charges. So the rep says he conferred with his supervisor and they agreed that since there were no specific installation charges that it should be fully refunded. So end of story, right? ... NOT! on 2/13/17 (7 months later) Southwest Credit collections agency says they were sent a collections action for $108. I call att by chat and phone and they say they cannot access my account to check call or billing history and just to tell the collections agency and the collections agency. The agency says the ATT reps dont know what they are talking about and they should be able to check it.... Now I do a Google search and see a plethora of exactly the same story.... WOW.... I didn't think there could be a company that would vie for most hated over Comcast but this type of business practice and egregiously bad level of customer service may win the title for ATT. Shameful...

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

The exact same thing happened to me a few years ago with AT&T they just kept billing me this was a few years ago back in the days of faxes and they had me faxing crap all over the world playing a ridiculous game just waiting for me to give up. I just had the secretary at the office fax s*** everywhere literally everywhere Atlanta Denver all over the place never did any good... if they won't shut off the auto pay cancel your card or put it on hold. Make sure you have some sort of record her proof that you cancelled otherwise I'll just say you didn't cancel and charge you and when you don't pay send you to collections... I gotta admit though they won three hundred bucks down the drain Bravo AT&T be proud.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I just cancelled my ATT U-verse/DirecTV service after two days and account representive on the phone told me that I was going to be charged $400 early cancellation fee. I told Courtney to cancel and send me a bill that I would use for toilet paper.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

They sold me 50 mb/s download speed but I was only getting 10-15 and the guy who installed it was bad-mouthing AT&T the whole time while another installer admitted that the Cox internet was actually faster and more reliable. My wife told me that she is canceling her AT&T phone as soon as the contract is up because she is paying over $100/mo for her cell phone service even after she got rid of the extra line. AT&T has devolved into the worst telecommunications company over the past decade. They used to have excellent service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I had same expierence  i used it one week just internet service  i paid 140.00  100.00 for install  and 40 for the internet which I paid immediately. It didn't work well at all the credited me 9.47 and said i was responsible for installation weather i cancel or not.   Since the service didn't work like they said it would and i canceled the service before the 30 days i should not have to pay for the install .   I have since cancelled my att cell phone and switched to straight talk due to att poor customer service for internet.  I had the same cell number with att over 20 years and they didn't care i was cancelling my cell. The Att rep personally told me that if i cancel within 30 days i would only be charged for the service  i used  and the installation would be refunded also he said it is in our contract. Although i was not given a contract at time of install.   Kudos to Att  for misinforming their techs of what they do.   The same tech actually did some work at my place of work and I told him about it and he said you got a bad rep call back it is in our contract if we cant give the service promised you will receive a refund for the remainder of time you did not use and the install fee.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.