For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
jwzachary's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, November 28th, 2015 6:18 PM

U-verse's empty promises and outrageous fees

We moved into our house 1 year ago, I had u-verse years back when they first came out and enjoyed it so signed up for them again. Our promotion was for a bundle of cable and internet for $132.00 per month taxes and all. Still what I thought was high but I had good experiences with u-verse in the PAST. So here we are a year later, without one email, phone call, letter or any type of communication, here came the bill for over $220.00!! So i called them and they informed me that our promotions were over. They looked for the next best promotion I could reveive and it was $180.00 + taxes. I told them no thank you I wanted to cancel, that I was disappointed with the way they handled the situation and they said "EVERY cable company does this." So I guess since everyone treats people this way it is right.

Well they transferred me to the other department and the gentleman told me "please don't cancel this month, if you call back after the 20th, we will have another promotion and it will be extremly close to what you have now." I told him the ONLY reason I wasn't cancelling was because I didn't want to switch companies if I could get the same deal. (another local communications department was offereing a lower price than ATT). 

Well surprise surprise, I called back the 24th and ATT informed me NO they do not have any better promotions. So here I am, out another $60 difference when I could have switched companies.

ATT, I am extremely disappointed. When I moved in, I told all my friends about the service and even had some of them switch. After this, we are all cancelling. You want customer loyalty? How can you expect customer loyalty when you jack up prices with no service improvements whatsoever? You will not honor a price you gave me, had a misrepresentaion of the next promotion that talked me into staying. Forget loyalty, if every company does this why be loyal? No thank you, I will jump around every year now and go with the company with the lowest prices. 

This is what you call customer service and customer appreciation?? 

You can bet my phone service will be switched after my contract is up as well.

Been an att phone customer since 2005 but will no longer show loyalty to a company who shows no loyalty to me.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@jwzachary  You don't make it clear when your promos are up, at the beginning you say they are up, then at the end, this statement is made:

You can bet my phone service will be switched after my contract is up as well.

If it is not up yet, call the day after it ends and say CANCEL to Mr. Voice Recognition, this should switch you to Retentions where they can offer deals, discounts.

Another user made that mistake, he called early and they did what they shouldn't have done.  Pile that promo on top of the other promo and everything still ended at the original end date and he was very upset. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

8 years ago

It is your responsibility to know when your promo ends. It is clearly stated in your online account when your promo is over and how much your bill is discounted. You know your bill is going up after the promo ends. The other cable companies do the same thing as well. Heavily discount your services to sign you up and then raise them. It is unfortunate that the industry does it this way. Many people switch providers every year to get the discounted rates.

I know your pain. I was only able to get $25 off at the end of my last promo. From what I have read on another forum, att is offering virtually no discounts at the end of promos recently. It could be a way to move people to directv.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

That is correct, I should be aware of when my promotion ends but if I would have appreciated a heads up on a $90 bill increase. I will admit, that is my fault for not paying attention.

But that is not my main issue. The issue I have is the fact that I called to cancel and their representative assured me that I would have a better promotion if I stayed with them one more month and that it would be close to my original promotion and that was not true. The next time I called back the new representative had no clue why he would have told me that.

Also their justification for their bill increase is "every other cable company does this."

Well then I will jump around and find the lowest price each year.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.