Get the myAT&T app
HCALLA's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, September 23rd, 2016 3:35 PM

Scammed by At&t before I even get hooked up!

I used At&t website to order a bundle (Directv,uverse internet,uverse voice). The order included $450 in visa rewards. I completed the order and submitted it and received two emails from At&t, a welcome email stating my order was received and processing and a statement that I would receive another email confirming my installation date and the other email confirmed my pass code. 

I started a live chat with At&t because I had not received the confirm email on the installation time and the date and time I requested was the following morining. The rep stated in chat that she could not find the order (even though I still was getting an order processing message when I entered it on At&t site) and I would have to re-do the order with her. I gave her the services, the exact dollar amount of estimated monthly charges and the reward amount of $450 on my order.

She took some time asked for permission to do credit check and informed me everything would be exactly like my previous order with the exception of I had to pay a one time fee of $27.75 that was listed as a shipping and handling fee which made no sense to me but I agreed. Before finalizing the order I confirmed with her the price would be exacly the same and specifics like the equipment rentals included. She stated everything was the same and that she had included rewards. I asked $450? and she stated yes. I told her to go ahead with the order.

I printed the chat and had a transcript emailed to me. Later I checked on At&t and looked over the numbers on the order everything was exactly the same as my online order except I could only find a $200 reward card listed in the uverse internet section and a $200 reward card in the Directv setion of the order which is $400 not $450.

I called At&t immediately and the rep said billing was closed call back tomorrow so I did.

Today the rep said that the $50 reward was for interior wiring insurance and tried to sell me that. I stopped her and informed her that no such requirement was in my original online order and that I had confirmed my original $450 reward in my chat order and that I had the transcript of that entire chat and would be happy to send it to her. She stated she had no way to receive it (which seemed strange) and that she would "investigate" further and put me on hold for a while. She came back and stated that there was nothing she could do but she would "escalate" this to have it investigated but iI was only getting $400 in reward cards.

What I did not mention  is that before I closed the window after I completed my original order I 

took screen shots of the entire thing because it listed everything and I wanted a record in case anything changed when I got my bill later. There were also two links one titled "how to redeem your rewards and one titled "offer details" I clicked on those and popup windows opened with information so I also took screen shots of that info.

Since getting off the phone I reviewed all the info that I took screen shots of and specifically the pop up window titled "offer detais".  The offer details states $450 in VisaReward cards available tonew U verse residential customers with minimum purchase Directv(R)Select package or above or Optimo mas package or above and U-verse internet 768K online at att.com. and the $450 reward is listed on my original order that I made online that I printed out.

It is also listed as one reward of $450, not broken down in sections like it is on the re-done order.

At any rate I confirmed it as $450 in the new order that I placed in chat. I have copies of everything in writing and still get no satifaction from customer service. 

This is all before my service is installed and I am already beig scammed.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

Is there someone at At&t that can correct this? I will be happy to supply copies of all the information I listed.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

Wrong answer. I completed an online order. I then started chat because my third email with time date of install did not arrive  the night before the date of the scheduled install. In chat I was asked to re-do the same order with the same $450 reward confirmed to be $450 by the agent taking the order in chat before I authorized the order to be made. I specifically asked that question before I gave the ok for the order to be finalized and that is recorded in the chat transcript and I have a copy of that chat transcript. If the agent had not confirmed all the pricing in the order as the same as my initial order I would not have placed the order with the agent. Since my initial  post here @AttCare has been in contact with me and agrees and is referring this to a someone. I will see how it works out.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

By the way, did you put this answer here then click "accept answer" yourself to make this post read as solved? Because I did not accept your answer.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

attpotion

Chat transcript is filled with personal details but here is a portion with the confirmation I mentioned.

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

I "redid" the order at At&t's request not mine and only contingent on the order being the exact same as the online order and that is very clear and agreed to by the At&t employee taking the order in the chat transcript.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

You should probably call back and cancel the order.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

And by the way even if I did not have all the documentation that At&t requested me redo the order and confirmation from At&t in chat that it would  be the exact same which I do have. At&t chat is online at At&t.com  $50 AT&T Visa Reward Card with purchase of any speed of U-verse Internet online at att.com.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

Yes, have the customer waste more of their time canceling order and re-ordering because you won't fix a problem that your system created... Great idea. Think I will end up making a lot more money than the $50 from this experience eventually by shorting At&t stock.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

They certainly are inept.  I would rather have a colonoscopy or root canal.  Both are more enjoyable than dealing with them.  I have GoPhone service which I went to to save $20/mo after my contract expired.  It should be cut and dried.  But they are now screwing me out of my data allowance.  I talked to 3 reps.  If I have to call again I hope they have hired Forrest Gump!  at least I will understand what he is saying.  My eastern Indian is a bit rusty.  Anyhow, Monday I will go out and seek a better carrier if there is such a thing.  The terrible thing is my wife is with Verizon and her call quality is terrible compared to ATT.  When we go to our vacation condo in Myrtle Beach her phone is essentially useless where my ATT is almost always flawless.  So should I stay with ATT and stroke out from high bp when dealing with these incompetents or switch?  I have 2 days to decide.

I could also give a review of the U-Verse internet but I don't want to have a stroke right now.  As I write this, I'm using my go phone data because u-verse is down again.

Good luck with your dilemma!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Check out straightalk

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.