Get the myAT&T app
cleosabre's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, July 25th, 2016 9:14 PM

Reconnect fee

This isn't really a question but more of an I'm angry and who do I need to fix it. I had my service disconnected and a reconnect fee of $49 charged to my account in March. I was told I was sent a letter about it, but never received one. Otherwise I would have called and made arrangements so I would not be shut off in the first place. I have contacted you via phone and chat 3 or 4 times now and keep getting told they cannot remove it. This I find is complete bull. They tell me to set up auto pay. I had it but now your system sees my debit card as a gift card and will not set up auto pay. I have tried it myself and also you have tried to set it up. This issue started when I moved and your company took 2 weeks to set my service up at my new house due to your negligence. I cancelled auto pay at that time because I was not paying for service I wasn't getting. When I tried to set it up the gift card issue happened even though I had been using the same account for 2 years to pay. I also had to pay extra on my cell phone to up my data so I would not be charged for going over. Now I get a letter stating my service will be cut off if I do not pay this $49 fee. It's not happening. I stayed with you because your U-Verse internet is great. But apparently I should have went somewhere else because of your horrible customer service in refusing to remove this ridiculous fee that is almost as much as my monthly bill. I admit I'm not the best at remembering to pay my bill since the auto pay got shut off. But I've been really great recently about paying it on time even though your system says I'm late because of this fee. I want this fix and telling me you can't is ridiculous. If you can't remove it then you need to give me a credit for it because I don't feel I owe it.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

Does the card you are trying to use have a VISA logo on it?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

No it is a Green Dot Reloadable Master Card. But I don't understand why it suddenly started recognizing it as a gift card when I had been using it for 2 years before that.

Former Employee

• 

422 Messages

8 years ago

@cleosabre im assuming the disconnected and a reconnect fee of $49 was due to a suspention?

If thats the case no that fee most likely will not be reversed, Credit and collections would have gone over that fee with you prior to reconnecting your account.

And regarding your Reloadable Master card, I believe at one point they were allowed, but most likely with recent security changes they are not. And anything that can be "recharged" and can be obtained in the gift card section of stores are considered gift cards. There is no name on the card, no address associated with the card, and cannot be considered a reliable payment method for Auto-pay purposes.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

The reason I'm upset about it is because I was told I wouldn't be charged a fee but I was. I've been a customer for over 4 years and would think customer loyalty would stand for something. When I'm told I won't be charged and am charged anyway makes me angry. It's not the money, it's the principle behind it. I don't appreciate being lied to. As for my card, it has my name on it. There is an address associated with it, my paycheck gets direct deposit on to it every week, I pay all my bills with it, and have other auto payments set up with it. It is MasterCard debit card and I've been using this account for about 6 years now. But I'm pretty much done with arguing because apparently I mean nothing as a customer. So I'll make sure I share what I horrible company AT&T is on all of my social media accounts and I'll be looking for other service that I at least expect to rip me off and AT&T can stuff their fee and
services. I'll be mailing my equipment in as soon as I find other internet that may not be as great but will be cheaper at least. Thanks for nothing.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.