For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
jinsil04's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 23rd, 2016 6:18 AM

One-time charges bill.

I applied for Att U-verse Internet.  ($40 per month / 6Mps internet speed / self installation).   Before I got the my modem via UPS, att internet technician called me. He said he connected internet line for my home..   When I got my modem, I connected my modem on internet line however it didn't work. (I am a computer technician)   I knew why the internet was not working because att technician didn't connect internet line at my apartment outside phone box.

I scheduled for solving my internet problem 3 times. (2 times the technician didn't come to my home. He just text me. "I cannot go into your apartment because your apartment's gate is close".  However, I was in front of the gate. I know he lied. 

Finally, the technician came to my home(it took 15days).. and he checked my modem.  Internet didn't work because the problem was OUTSIDE not my house and room.  So he worked outside about 3 hours and the internet worked.  He left another modem in my room.  He just left quickly.

I got email from att.  it says you have to return my modem if you don't you are going to get penalty for this.   Problem is the modem I have to return is already installed.. So do I have to install modem again which is the one technicial left in my room?  Nobody wants to get two modems when they apply for att internet.   I can't believe this situation.     😞

What is wrong with att internet customer service?     

Also my internet plan changed from $40 / 6Mps to $30 / 3Mps(too slow) without asking me.

I can understand about these problems.

However I got "One-time charge $99".   I called and chatted att service center about my situation three times. All of those said they didn't charge me for One-time charge($99).   

Finally, I got first bill ($141.27).

IS IT MY FAULT?   

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

8 years ago

Hello, @jinsil04!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with your service installation and the billing confusion. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message with your contact information, the best time to reach you, and a brief summary of the issue.

You can expect a reply within two business days. In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.