For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
nikki9922's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, March 29th, 2016 7:16 PM

Not willing to retain long time customers!

So after years of service with your company you are willing to let us walk because you are not willing to work with us on a price we can afford after our promotion expires. This is unacceptable! Trying to upsell and strong arm us into changing our service to Direct to get a good deal when we are not interested in doing so and since we want to stay with just AT&T UVerse you are attempting to offer us an unattractive deal. I am so dissapointed in this as we are customers who have been with your company for years and pay ON TIME EVERY month! What a complete shame that your company has become this! I guess we will go to the other provider who is offering us a much better rate! 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

8 years ago

Did you deal with retentions or sales? What services are you paying for now and how much? What are they offering you to stay?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I spoke to the Retention Dept. We have TV and internet. They are more worried about forcing Direct TV on us than actually trying to reach a rate we can afford with just Uverse services. It seems this is what is taking place since they merged with them. They are no longer interested in their old job to retain you as a customer and work out a reasonable rate, but rather trying to upsell satellite to you. If you decline the deal with Direct TV, won't accept the much higher rate promo with their own brand, and walk then so be it. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

8 years ago

@nikki9922 wrote:

So after years of service with your company you are willing to let us walk because you are not willing to work with us on a price we can afford after our promotion expires. This is unacceptable! Trying to upsell and strong arm us into changing our service to Direct to get a good deal when we are not interested in doing so and since we want to stay with just AT&T UVerse you are attempting to offer us an unattractive deal. I am so dissapointed in this as we are customers who have been with your company for years and pay ON TIME EVERY month! What a complete shame that your company has become this! I guess we will go to the other provider who is offering us a much better rate! 

In response to the highlighted portion above, let's take a step back and recall what "this" the company "has become": it is charging you regular price for the services you requested. Nothing more, nothing less. Any lower pricing you received in the past was a discount off of the regular prices. 

That said, it seems like AT&T is trying to offer you additional promotions. It has many discounts available on upgraded packages, for example, getting u300 for u200 pricing for a period of time. If you prefer this promotion to what you have now (more service for the same price), then great. If not, then you have lost nothing. 

Similiarly, AT&T is definitely preferring customers to switch to DirectTV, which appears to be more profitable. Customers who switch receive new customer promotions. Note, these are usually 1 year promotions which require a 2 year contract. If you want a discount off of regular prices, then that's a great switch to make (at least in the short term). 

If you don't like any of those offers, I understand. However, I'm not sure what more you want AT&T to do. 

Scholar

• 

87 Messages

8 years ago

I've played the promotions game for several years.  I'm now subscribing to the fastest internet available in my area and U450 tv service.  Each year I've upgraded my tv service and/or internet service and kept my subscription fees rather constant.  Being retired on a fixed income the amount of my subscription is at the limit of my budget.  For this year my promotional discounts total just over $76.  Those will be going away and I don't want to degrade my service to the extent that I would need to get a fee within my budget.  Certain channels like the Pac-12 channels aren't available with Directv, so that isn't appealing.  I definitely will talk to retentions in a couple of months when the promotions end, but regretfully I will most likely be leaving AT&T Uverse.  AT&T has clearly decided that it isn't in their best interests to give constant discounts to those willing to sign up for a year.  I have no problems with AT&T doing that, but I have to stay within my budget.  If I was still working I would make the best deal I could and stay with Uverse.

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

8 years ago

@my thoughts wrote:

An employee (RETENTIONS) can only perform the job within the guidelines established by higher ups. The offers are what they are.

Again in AT&T's defense they are doing what almost every other internet and televison service provider is doing...increasing the average cost of services and offering less value as time goes by.....I'm surprised how many people still foot the bill for "pay TV" (aka cable TV) because the quality of the content has declined preciptiously during the past decade, and the amount of each programs run time dedicated to commercials is almost 50% in many cases.

I won't pay for "pay TV" because most of what is offered on those 200 channels is junk, and what good there is isn't worth the high prices charged.  I don't care if it is with Charter, Comcast, AT&T, Verizon, TimeWarner, ect.....not paying for a wasteland of programming.

I remember back in 2011 when my contract was up with DirecTV and called to cancel, the retentions thug was relentless in his asking me what it would take to stay with them....I told him a figure, which was the promo rate for new customers, and then he tells me "the market rate" is much higher than that.....I replied "well the market on the phone with you says it is certainly NOT...please cancel my service NOW!....

Guru

• 

417 Messages

8 years ago

AT&T's full price for U-Verse TV and Internet is sort of like the full price of college tuition or the sticker price for a new car. No one is expected to actually pay it, or at least no one was expected to pay it prior to the DirectTV acquisition. The Original Poster is exactly right in that AT&T is not interested in preserving U-Verse TV relationships. 

Your best bet is to send a PM to the AT&T reps on this message board. Unlike the retentions department, the Social Media folks are both empowered and interested in preserving the relationship, at least for this year, or so was the case when I tried this a month or so ago. 

Unless AT&T reverses course, UVerse TV will be a footnote in cable history 5 years from now since it is dramatically more expensive than any comparable DirectTV package. Honestly, this reminds me of VHS vs. Beta VCR formats. Beta was superior in most ways, but VHS won anyway. So it will probably be with DirectTV. 

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

8 years ago

@marcindublin wrote:

Unless AT&T reverses course, UVerse TV will be a footnote in cable history 5 years from now since it is dramatically more expensive than any comparable DirectTV package. Honestly, this reminds me of VHS vs. Beta VCR formats. Beta was superior in most ways, but VHS won anyway. So it will probably be with DirectTV. 

It won't be entirely a footnote because many potential and current U Verse TV customers cannot have the proper LoS to actually receive the DirecTV satellite signal, so they are still offering

IPTV (U Verse) to those customers without resistance. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

So I'm not the only one who feels at&t has no desire to keep their customers. Ive been with other cable companies including direct tv for 7 years and direct tv would always lower my bill and give me their latest promotional prices because i was a loyal customer. At&t customer service is a joke and actually lied to me when asking them to reduce my bill they said they would save me more than i could save by dropping my premium channels. So i didnt drop the channels and took their advice. Well they did reduce my bill for 1 month. Are you kidding me? all i asked was to reduce my bill to under 200 dollars a month. My bill now is 243 a month and goes up nearly every month. Im in no contract cuz i fullfilled my 2 years and im ready to leave these guys. When i told them i was gonna switch they did not care one bit. I asked so your ok with losing the entire 243 a month by not bringing me down to under 200. So for 43 bucks your willing to lose 200 of guaranteed revenue? They had no response aside from "well you can leave sir if you'd like. And well your darn right im leaving. I wanted to go with directv again but the CSRep made sure to remind me that they are partners with AT&T. I wont have anything to do with them anymore. Im going where the future is headed and im going to buy an internet service which isnt AT&T affiliated and im going to order HuLu for 8 bucks a month and netflix for 15 dollars a month and save myself well over a hundred bucks a month. I think everyone should boycott AT&T theyre a joke and dont treat their customers well at all customers who actually pay for them to exist in the first place. I suggest anyone reading this heed my advice dump these losers. I just read a response on here from a CsRep for at&T WHO Talks to their customers saying things like they have said to me "where you gonna go" everyone raises their rates" we own directtv " really ppl you dont own me and your gonna be sad when layoffs happen because your customer retention is zero. Word travels fast. So many ppl can dump this place at once that these rude CSReps for At&T Will BE OUT OF A JOB. THATS WHEN ID LIKE TO ASK THEM SO WHERE YOU GONNA GO NOW HUH? IM DONE WITH AT&T I SUGGEST YOU ALL DO THE SAME AND HIT THEM WHERE IT HURTS BOYCOTTING ANY SERVICES PROVIDED BY AT AND T THEYRE JUNK. I didnt even get to mention how terrible my experience was when i first signed up where football games were freezing during games and when the initial date for install was a whole month late because they had to work at the pole first. Yeah this place can eat a you know what. C ya

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

Boycott at&;t and all of these companies like them. Buy an internet service order HULU and netflix and you can watch whatever you like anytime mostly commercial free for 23 bucks a month nit including whatever the internet service costs you. This is the way of the future and get in now. Im doing it. AT&T screwed me five times too many im the one that allowed it for going on 3 years now. They are the worst cable company ive ever been with and ive been with 3 others. Direct tv was the best and dish second best but now directtv is part of AT&T so I would scratch them off your list immediately. I wish more ppl would dump at&t all in the same month and we can watch them squirm and wonder why everyone is leaving. Their retention rate is zero my friend every single person i know has dumped them after the contract is up. Im doing the same you should too

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@marcindublin wrote:

AT&T's full price for U-Verse TV and Internet is sort of like the full price of college tuition or the sticker price for a new car. No one is expected to actually pay it, or at least no one was expected to pay it prior to the DirectTV acquisition. The Original Poster is exactly right in that AT&T is not interested in preserving U-Verse TV relationships. 

Your best bet is to send a PM to the AT&T reps on this message board. Unlike the retentions department, the Social Media folks are both empowered and interested in preserving the relationship, at least for this year, or so was the case when I tried this a month or so ago. 

Guess what?  ATT Customer Care took off where Retentions left off before their DirecTV blitz.  Just offer upgrades then discount that, but not as low as current services.  No discounts on current services.  Most users say no thanks.

Will have to add ATT figured out all these discounts were costing too much money and stopped it to most extents.

I think ATT is gonna roll Uverse into DirecTV Now, John Stankey as actually said as much in this report:

http://www.multichannel.com/news/content/stankey-directv-now-won-t-be-skinny/403010

😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.