For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
nicholshornlake's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Friday, March 6th, 2015 9:41 PM

Internet Pricing Increase

Not that it's a big deal, but the uverse internet promotional offer of 39.95, jumped to 40.95. To me this seems to be a lie when stating it would be 39.95 for one year. I can only imagine what the further years will bring.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@jackwilk1 wrote:

I'm sorry but to me those are lies and fraud !!!

Rising prices while under contract ?!

When i extended my contract i was told that i'm gonna pay the same amount the whole year ! Nobody said "i will give you so much $$ off your bill" I WAS NEVR TOLD THAT !! I was told:" the monthly amount would be..."

And they tell me it all in the email we send it to you !The one that i pasted below ??

WHEN MY "CONTRACT" EXPIRES I'M GONE AT&T !!! GOODBYE !!!

Thank you for choosing AT&T U-verse®!

You recently accepted a 12-month promotion and we are writing to inform you of the following terms and conditions for that offer:

AT&T is making this offer available to selected customers.
A credit will be applied to your monthly bill for 12 months.
The offer you selected requires a one-year term commitment to retain U-verse High Speed Internet service. An early termination fee of up to $180 may apply if U-verse High Speed Internet service is cancelled before the end of the term.

Note:  "A credit will be applied to your monthly bill for 12 months."   

If you continue to get the credit, you are getting your discount.  The rates may have gone up but your discount should stay intact.  Credit=Discount

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Have you read my post ? Did you notice ?? 

" When i extended my contract i was told that i'm gonna pay the same amount the whole year ! Nobody said "i will give you so much $$ off your bill" I WAS NEVR TOLD THAT !! I was told:" the monthly amount would be..."

The whole point is they lie to you to get you, once you said OK you are sc...ed !! They can do whatever they want, nobody wants to be hit with cancelation fees !!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

Just call Retention & ask for a credit of $5 per month for the remainder of your one year contract. It shouldn't be a problem, just make sure you're tlking to the right people, some will say they're Retention but they aren't.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

My U-Verse jumped up 9 dollors this month alone.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@ArleneO wrote:

There is across-the-board price increase in February.  Any others would be a change in service or an expired discount.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I have a 2 year contract so my discounts should continue.  

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

ArleneO, jaxkwilk1,skeeterrintexas,nicholshornlake,

Did you see my post earlier?  No one acknowledged it.  I agree 100% with you all, and I'm telling you to ignore comments made by ATT employees.  CALL RETENTION!  Call again & again until you get someone who will work with you.  They absoslutely CAN give you a credit for the remaining months of your contract to make up for the price increase.  You have to be insistent and refuse to give up.  Keep good notes, ask for employee id's for people you're talking to, and keep at it.  If you csan't get help asking for retention, call & choose the number for cancellation of services.  Then explain what you need.  If the increase is the only billing problem you're dealing with, you are lucky.  They purposely make mistakes on my bill and act like they're doing me a favor by correcting them.  You can't let them side-track you, stay focused, you'll win out eventually.  If Retention won't help, the next thing is to contact the Corporate Offices.

https://www.att.com/gen/investor-relations?pid=27794

Good Luck!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@ArleneO wrote:

Look at your bills for the last 2 months and see why it went up $9.  This is the first thing users should do before even posting here.  Then you can ask why it went up due to what you find on the bills. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

Ignore what Chris says.  It doesn't matter why it went up, you had a CONTRACT for a certain price & ATT UVERSE needs to honor it!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.