Get the myAT&T app
alicez's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 29th, 2016 8:48 PM

First time late with payment....late fee?

My last statement had a late fee of $9. I called customer service and explained that I am a one person office and was in the hospital when this bill came and admitted, yes, it was paid late. I asked if I could get this late fee waived since I am never late otherwise. She said "too bad, it's already been billed, nothing I can do". She also said I could set up automatice billing, blah blah. I know, but this doesn't help me this statement. Rude and uncaring rep on the part of an already overpriced service. I had to call one other vendor for the same thing and they were very gracious about waiving the fee, which was more than at&t piddly $9. Thanks for nothing.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

FYI:  If you have a 30 year mortgage (360 payments) and you're late on payment #359, you will be charged a late fee even though you've been doing business with them for many years. 

Do some businesses waive or remove a late fee?  Sure, but one should not expect them to.

If your bank offers Bill Pay, you can set up electronic payments well in advance and they will be delivered on or before the due date.  Of course, ATT offers auto-pay but I don't like giving my bank account number to a third party.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

I use auto pay with a credit card so they will not have my bank information and then send the payment from my checking account to my credit card.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.