For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
lwoxen_1's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Tuesday, May 5th, 2015 10:02 PM

Existing customer getting no help on increasing costs.

Ironic that the new customers get the discounted prices and long standing customers get nothing but increasing bills each year.  Have gotten little but "sorry" when I call and try to negotiate a lower rate.  Is there someone in the community who cares about loyal customers and can help with getting some lowered costs.

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

Good luck with that.

My bill has steadily increased for several months with no changes in service as well.

When I ask them about it, they say that some discount expired, sorry.

I found out today that I only have a couple months left on the AT&T bill escalator until I can switch to Charter spectrum which will save me $60/month along with 100mbps internet that actually works.

AT&T has become like the mafia, pay them more, and more, and more, and everything will be all right.

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

As far as the 1 year agreement with a set price goes, that is exactly what I did and it has gone up continuously and my year still has 4 months left.

My bill went from $180 to $214 so I don't recommend anyone to believe what you are telling them.

I inquired today about my bill going up again this month, and was told a 3 month discount expired.

3 month discount???

The price was supposed to be set for a year. 

Can you say liars?

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

9 years ago

So, I called retentions today, and the frustration continues.  The solution I was offered is the upgrade my service and get a discount which saves me a whopping $5 per month.  Until the next price increase.  Ironic that new customers get service at half of what long-term customers get.  Guess it is time for a change since AT&T does nothing for existing customers.  Time to look at alternative at half the price.  Guess NO ONE at AT&T cares about keeping customers.

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

9 years ago

Sent a private message to ATT customer care and actually got a very pleasant lady on the phone who reduced my costs by nearly $65 per month.  Suggest that this is the way to resolve as this lady actually cared about keeping long term customers.  She was apologetic that I went though so much grief and told me that all the agents have the same access to rates, promotions, etc.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hi, do you have her e-mail address? I canno find any e-mail addresses on their website.

I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Lisa

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Yep apparently I need that address as well.  I'm just coming out of a year long contract, my bill is nearly doubling, called today and they really didn't care or offer me any sort of new promotions.  They did offer to downgrade my tv package 2 tiers and raise my bill $30.  I think the "retentions" department has been killed off and routed into the regular queue of calls. 

Scholar

• 

225 Messages

9 years ago

The foreign rep I spoke with recently just told me to upgrade to U450 and I could get HD for free if I did that. She then told me that the price difference between U300 with the HD fee and U450 is $6. Still not sure about that one. I told her I would need to think about upgrading at all and all she did was try to pressure me by asking me over and over again if I wanted to go through with it. Then she would argue with me when I would try to decline by saying I wasn't really looking to go to the top package and as I mentioned before I wasn't sure about the $6 dollar thing she said. It seemed like I was talking to a sales rep more then any retentions rep I've ever spoken to anywhere.

To the people asking for an email address. Click this---> @ATTHelpForums to send the AT&T Customer Care reps that help people here on the forums a message telling them what's going on and what your seeking.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I've gotten my situation resolved using the same method JadedPixie proposes.  I sent a PM to the ATT support found on this site (saw the suggestion from another post).  Someone quickly got back with me and I was truly dealing with "retentions".  My guess is, they've tried to limit the number of people that get through to the true retentions team by trying to handle them first level thinking they could probably take a lot of the call volume.  I could tell I wasn't really dealing with someone in retentions as I've dealt with them before an it was an entirely different tone of call.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.