For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
jbfoulks's profile

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, June 25th, 2016 2:17 AM

DO NOT USE AT&T!!!

We recently bundled our services-Uverse Internet, Direct TV, and Wireless-We were told this would save us money. On our MyAT&T app, it showed our new bill as $519.00 when it sould have been no more than $250.00. Within a 30 day period, I had called AT&T over 10 times with different problems. I also spoke to 3 supervisors, all of whom assured me I would not have to worry about my bill anymore. Yeah, right. My most recent problem with the bill is that AT&T charged my debit card my total bill twice (I had to call after our autopay didin't work like I was assured it would when I spoke to a representative on a previous call). I called to inform them of the error and they refuned me the duplicate charge. Well, now my new bill says I owe for the past 2 months. An AT&T representative told me there records show all payments were refuned. I checked my bank's app and called my bank and was told, no, they only refuned you the one duplicate charge. So, AT&T did get my previous months payment. AT&T is a fraudulent company with no respect for their customers. I am only writing this note because I was just disconnected again while being transferred to the "department that could definitely fix my problems with the bill". And when no one called back (because AT&T taks a contact number in case you get disconnected, someone will call back) I called and was told by the automated service that the department was closed and I should call back durning buisness hours. My total time on the phone before being disconnected was 1 hour and 2 minutes. Like I said AT&T has terrible customer service. A mistake every once in a while I can understand, but when it's every few days and something is wrong, that is unacceptable. Not once has this comapny followed through with what they promised or attmpted to be accountable for their mistakes and poor service. So, tomorrow I will be back on the phone attempting to correct the trouble and mistakes AT&T has caused for my family. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! Its' not worth your time, money, or frustration.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

8 years ago

Do not use the phone.  Do not use their chat.

Send a Private Message (use the envelope in the upper right corner) to send a Private Message to @ATTU-verseCare or @ATTDIRECTVCare.  Include in the PM (not in a reply to this post) your name, account number(s) and the best way and time to reach you.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@jbfoulks   I'v had problem free almost 8 years of Uverse TV/Internet, so this can be a good company to get services from too.

We rely on ATT Customer Care and Uverse Care here for CS and TS and have had good TS nites and weekends from the Filippinos. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

8 years ago

@jbfoulks

Things have become very poor with AT&T customer service over the past decade, but especially during the past 5 years it has almost become unbearable. As you have experienced.

I would give the social media team a try as JefferMC has mentioned but I have tried them and 

after sending multiple e mails to BOTH ATTCustomerCare and ATTDSLCare reeceived ZERO response about two issues one of which was a billing error which should have been a snap to resolve, but it has never been. 

AT&T needs to reevalute their customer service efforts and make RADICAL changes

if it wants to really improve customer satisfaction. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have had the same problems with AT&T. Ever since I got AT&T my wireless printer won't work. When I call to get the issue fixed they want to charge me. They are great at charging fees for everything, but they do not provide the service they promise. They also promised me a $100 visa card and it took them 6 months to get it to me. After many attempts to get it resolved, they would simply tell me that it would take a month. It took them 6 months to get it done for me. Horrible customer service. This company doesn't care about their customers, they only care about getting paid.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

8 years ago

I have used U-verse TV and Internet service for the past 6.5 years and the product has been reliable for me (especially compared to my previous provider, Charter).  I've been out a total of maybe 40 hours during that time, and the longest outage was when Charter cut my AT&T cable while working on my neighbor's service.

I will say that bundling seems to draw huge numbers of complaints.  Some of the billing systems are ancient and the bundling process seems to be held together with chewing gum and bailing wire.  It doesn't allow for much of anything to be done with any of the accounts once the bundle is set up.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.