Get the myAT&T app
ihateyou's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, February 4th, 2016 11:50 PM

I'M GOING TO TRASH AT&T ON SOCIAL MEDIA IF THEY DON'T RESOLVE THIS ISSUE

My DVR was defective in October 2015, so they sent me another one and then charged me this "upgrade fee".

I've called a dozen times and can't get this $109 fee removed from my account.  I keep talking to people who say that will take care of it but no one has taken care of it.  Each time I speak with a rep they say that they will take care of the fee and not to worry.  This was my 2nd defective/replacment DVR by the way.... Months and months have gone by, and the fee is still there, and I'm told that it is going to be removed......

Then yesterday I awaken to a service stoppage.  I REQUIRE THE INTERNET FOR MY JOB WITH A STATE AGENCY THAT PROTECTS CHILDREN.  I spoke with someone AGAIN and was able to get my service restored, but the fee is still on my account.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@ihateyou   Didn't expect this from someone in a child protection job, but ATT Uverse Care can help.

Contact ATT Uverse Care on the link in my signature below.

Send them a Private Message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your Uverse service defective DVR charge problems.

Include your name, account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. They can do more than any phone rep and stick w/it till it's done. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

You didn't expect what from someone in a child protection job? You didn't
expect someone in a child protection job to ever complain about being
mistreated by AT&T?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

How the !@##$ do you send a private message and who do you send it to?  NEVER call 8002888080 - these are just people in foreign countries that have no power to resolve issues.  People keep contacting me by phone and leaving messages on my voicemail

but they fail to leave call back information.  I've been trying for months
to get this resolved - I was mistakenly charged a DVR upgrade fee in
October 2015 when all I was doing was exchanging a defective DVR.  I can
set up a time to answer my phone if you want to schedule it.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Send a private message on what link?  Your snarky reply epitomizes you crap customer service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Worse customer support ever

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

I'll make it easy for you.  Click here  --->  Uverse Care

Include your name, account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. They can do more than any phone rep and stick w/it till it's done.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks - I really do need that much direction.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Hey !, that link redirects to a Taco Bell commercial on youtube.

[Inappropriate content removed]

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

Sorry darlin'...my mistake.  I fixed the link (I'm old...be nice). 

I don't want to upset you anymore than you already are.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

ATT Customer Support is really bad. Sorry, that's just a fact. The website is essentially useless to resolve a problem, as it offers little but tutorials and videos. When a user has a problem, which usually means something is not working as designed or planned and needs to be fixed, the user wants it resolved. Instead, said user oftens winds up going around in circles on the website or spending far too much time navigating phone menus repeatedly inputting one's phone number and account number, often more than once or twice, and having to listen to a list of options which usually don't include the problem. Fortunately, services are generally reliable.

ATT, you can and must do better. I have bundled service including landline, internet, and TV, and it generally works reliably. However, there are occasional problems, and when they occur, it just takes too much time to resolve. At present, I'm developing an ulcer trying to get my voicemail greeting to play every time, while ATT insists it's working fine.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.