For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
c1nicolei's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, September 2nd, 2016 2:01 AM

AT&T billing promises, lies and schemes!

9/1/2016

We are completely disgusted with the way that AT&T has chosen to do business.  The complaint details could fill a small novel!  From the time that a door to door saleswoman talked us into dropping COX and changing to AT&T, promising lower rates, better service BLAH BLAH BLAH, we have had nothing but regrets!!! 

The installation resulted in severe damage to the outer fascia of our home because the poorly trained installation person drilled a large hole into our outdoor patio, instead of the top of our built in audio cabinet, he was a good 10 feet off!!  The guys that buried the cable line not only cut our irrigation system lines, but also, in pure lazy fashion,  and to avoid running a line correctly under a flagstone patio, literally lifted up the rocks, threw the cable down and dropped the rocks on top!!  This completely ruined the stability of our flagstone patio and it has never been right or level since. 

AT&T apparently makes a habit of up charging and the bundling SCAM.  Over 47,000 similar complaints abound online and your company garners a depressing one star customer review!  AT&T is in the business of ripping people off, lying and refusing to help, making repeated long calls, that extend into hours, making promises and not following through!

We have spent the last several months dealing with lost U-verse connections constantly, slow or failing internet, and we have been forced to pay for a home phone we NEVER use!!!  Whenever we call we are told to “reset” our box.  Again, this happens several times a month!  We have absolutely no dependability.

Our previously monthly bill was absurdly elevated, AGAIN, with no changes made to our account.  After about 5 phone calls totaling over 3 hours, FINALLY I got my bill back down to where it should have been.  The agent made it VERY clear that he had made changes and that I would need to pay exactly $271.  That is the payment I made!  We were told that our rates would not only go back to the pre-promotional rates but that the voice, internet and U-verse would be lower!  My most recent statement came this week showing not only do we now owe $440, but NONE of the promised credits, were on our account!  NON!   We were told our reoccurring uverse/voice/and internet would be $124 and that our 3 cellular phones would be $45 for 919-2388 line and $25 for each additional line, that has never been what we were charged.  Only once was the main line $56, every other time has gone from $71 to $93 with NO overages as far as use.  The other lines have fluctuated from $31 to $64! 

In speaking with family, friends and coworkers, it is brutally clear that this type of abuse of customers is wide spread with AT&T.   I want to start arbitration or we will take you to small claims court.  I am sick and tired of being bullied into paying for things we don’t need or want.  These business practices are disgusting and even staffers that work for AT&T admit that this is a well know scam they pull on their customers.

We will not longer put up with this absurd up charging and refusal by AT&T “customer service” to address our incorrect billing in the ways they promise to over the phone.  Also, the verbal confirmations that things will be corrected but never are and we are threatened with late fees and insane bills!   I previously had 25% discount every month, and for no reason, that too was removed!  Any discount, rebate or discount is mysteriously removed, but AT&T is expert at adding unjustified charges ever billing cycle!!

Calling "customer service" only results in hours of frustration and "promised" resolutions NEVER come to fruition! 

It is literally impossible to try to create any budget with the way you screw your customers around.  We want a full refund for all fees, overages and although we have been lied to for months, we will give AT&T ONE more opportunity to get our bill correct!  If this cannot be done we will seek refund through arbitration/small claims court and will definitely be cancelling ALL of our services!

Candie & Tim  Account # [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @c1nicolei,

Sorry to read of the trouble you are having with your service. We can help and will be sending you a message shortly. In regards to the issue with damage you mentioned, you can have this addressed by going here

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Hi. I too am experienceing failed prmosies to waive outragous fees I got hit with from AT&T's UVERSE upgrade.

https://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-Billing/AT-amp-T-Hit-me-with-major-fees-after-I-upgraded-to-Uverse/m-p/4910597#M28274

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

No!  AT&T did NOT offer a solution!  They had the audacity to tell me that although I WAS told I would have a $271 bill, the representative had made a MISTAKE and I could NOT have the rate I was QUOTED!  How is it possible to tell a customer they will have a certain rate, then just charge whatever they want????  How is this legal!!???  I am one customer that WILL not go away untill this is rectified.  I have divorced AT&T, I called another carried and am now on COX internet and using Sling TV, Amazon prime and other services.  My bill is not $95!  Do yourself a favor and cut the cable.  Bye Bye AT&T, you will not be missed!

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

AT&T's customer service and online access is the most ridiculous and absurd customer service I have EVER experienced in my life!!  For a VERY rich corporation, you would think they would have an outstanding all-around excellent business.  But, I am appalled and disgusted with everything about them after being LIED to in order to get my services transfered to them.  Then recently trying to get answers through their customer service I was shocked that they are still in business!  Please whatever you do, tell all your friends, associates and relatives NEVER, EVER transfer or use AT&T for ANY services they may offer to provide!  I thought Comcast was bad, but at the very least their customer service was better.  I could go on and on, but if you're reading this message you probably already know the rest..............

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.