Wally1227's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013 2:17 AM

where the heck is the live player plug-in

I've been trying to find/download the "Live Player Plug-in" as required by Uverse, but only get directed to the following site - http://uverseonline.att.net/uv/configure-live-player-plugin

Any suggestion of where I can REALLY get the player download??

Thanks in advance!

Scholar

• 

225 Messages

10 years ago

I just disabled Windows Defender and the Windows Firewall to see if that would do anything at all and still couldn't get detected as being at home and inside the network. Going to enable them again since nothing changed.

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

10 years ago

I have done the same with the same results with my McAfee, but it was a month or so again.  I may try again tomorrow.  Does ATT/Uverse not understand that their lack of figuring this out will end up driving us to other providers?  Or do they not care?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

@JadedPixie wrote:

I just disabled Windows Defender and the Windows Firewall to see if that would do anything at all and still couldn't get detected as being at home and inside the network. Going to enable them again since nothing changed.

How is this PC connected to the Internet?  Directly to the RG or via an third party router?

Do you have the latest verison of Java enabled on your PC?  Are you allowing the Java plug-in to run?

Which browser are you using?  Are you using IE launched from the Start panel of Windows 8/8.1?

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

10 years ago

JefferMC,

As for me... don't know what RG means, but my laptop is connected to the routher installed in January by the Uverse tech installer.  As I have gone through 8 months on this problem I have also connected my laptop to the modem by cable with the sae results.  

Java, yes alway have the latest installed, and have also reinstalled it as requested.

Browser... I usually use Chrome, but have also had the same problem with the latest versions of IE and Firefox.

All Windows 8.1  

I repeat, I believe the Java script from ATT/Uverse has an invalid certificate or whatever it is called.

Tom

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

If you're correct about the signature, why don't the rest of us have the same issue?

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

10 years ago

Reading through this thread it seems as if a lot of us are.  Possibly the level of our system protection?  Regardless, SOMEONE at ATT/Uverse NEEDS to address this issue.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

So, @tomiswho , have you sent a Private Message to AT&T logoU-verse Customer Service link to get help troubleshooting this?

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

10 years ago

Indeed, my "case" has been through two different "Office of the President" inquiries, hours of chat and voice with techies in India and the US, and an inquiry through, I'd have to go back in my email, some sort of ATT media group.  About all I have left is to come here and complain that te problem was never solved.

Scholar

• 

225 Messages

10 years ago

It's wireless. No router. It's worked once when connected to the modem last year. The modem is in a spot where I can't stay hooked up to it with a laptop. I always use the desktop version of any browser and I don't use the regular start page of Windows 8.1 because I have Classic Shell installed.

I have the latest Java and Silverlight. I always allow the Live Viewing Java app to install each time the box pops up and sometimes it falsely says I'm connected to the in home network but the in home channels remain ununavailable for viewing. 

I've tried IE, Firefox and Chrome. With Firefox I seem to always get the error message 3.3 about too many streams running.  

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@JadedPixie wrote:

@mibrnsurg wrote:

@JadedPixie wrote:

I use Microsoft Security Essentials as virus and etc. protection and not anything like Norton or McAffee so that is one difference. I can also get the java app to install but it NEVER has detected that I'm at home in the home network so in home channels can be watched.

Have MSE too and as soon as I went to live TV, the popup came up and went from 46 to 71 channels to be watched.  On FF 32.02 w/Disconnect Me whitelisting Uverse online. 😉

Edit:  It is saying Hi to you in the upper right corner of Uverse Online?  Know that I have to click Sign In twice to get it to say Hi to me.

Chris

I actually have Windows Defender and not MSE. I thought the two were the same thing for awhile because MSE can't be installed on Win 8 computers. I just read online that they are different apparently. I can't find a whitelisting option in Windows Defender as of yet but will keep looking on Google.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/wiki/mse-protect_start/microsoft-security-essentials-installation/e6e18776-9571-42e9-8fc0-66717dde0e19

Windows Defender is the MSE on Win 8/8.1.

This from your link:

Note that MSE is not compatible with Windows 8. Windows Defender, on Windows 8, provides the same comprehensive protection as MSE on Windows 7.

Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATTUverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.