TJMACS's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, August 23rd, 2015 10:46 PM

uverse.com/uv/guide. Can't schedule Taping Anymore

For the last 2 to 3 weeks, the TV Guide that I pull up on the computer wont allow me to schedule taping of shows or series. Anyone else have these problems? Bit annoying when you have to stop watching a program to go in and set up the scheduling of anothr prorgram. Help!!!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@TJMACS wrote:

For the last 2 to 3 weeks, the TV Guide that I pull up on the computer wont allow me to schedule taping of shows or series. Anyone else have these problems? Bit annoying when you have to stop watching a program to go in and set up the scheduling of anothr prorgram. Help!!!

I don't stop anything to schedule other programs, if live TV just do it during commercials.  If recordings, just REW to go back what you missed.

Contact ATT Uverse Care to get it fixed, happening for many others too.  Click the ATT Uverse Care link in my signature below, send the PM, explain your Uverse online situation.

Include your name, account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

9 years ago

I have been having the same problem, same amount of time, too.  It keeps telling me to 'retry' when I try to program a show.  Most of the time I cannot even get the box up that allows me to program.  It seems like it was fixed for a day or two a week ago and then started up again.

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

9 years ago

I forgot... this is happening with Firefox and IE, so I know it's the Att-Uverse DVR Remote site.

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

9 years ago

Contacted ATT Uverse Customer Support today by phone.  I was told that they are working on the problem, but they could not tell me how long they have noticed that it has been acting up.  I told  them that it has been 2-3 weeks with problems, on and off.  I advised that sometimes I have to reload the website to get the red 'record episode' button and even then it might not work. It tells me to 'retry', which may or may not work.

The customer support rep said that this was the first that she had heard of it.  You might try calling

800-288-2020. After the system has acknowledged your phone number and checks your system for problems, it's going to ask did yoiu check the power, etc. Ask for 'live customer service'.  I had to say that 3 times before it acknowledged I wanted a live person.

I'm in wait and see mode.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

Sounds like same problem as we've been experiencing: Firefox, Chrome, and IE, so presuambly NOT a browser problem.

AT&T Tech Support's solution was to send a New DVR unit - even though we did NOT request that one be sent. 

So now have to traipse down to local FedEx outlet to send the new DVR back to them...

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

9 years ago

Hi Dierkdk

At first that's what I was told, that I would need a new DVR.  I told her that this was a website problem and not a DVR problem, that the DVR was recording, etc.   She finally got what I was telling her and was further confirmed when she put me on hold and found out that they were working on this problem in the system. 

You might think about keeping the new DVR.  I think I read online that the new DVRs record more hours.  You might look it up or give them a call.  I have the silver Motorola, the older model.   Just a thought.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

Hey:  Google put the notice for your post into SPAM, hence the delayed reponse - but thanks for  the suggestion.

AT&T replaced our old DVR some months ago, and while the old one had a smaller installed HD, the replacement unit they provided brought us up to the largest capacity (from U-verse) that I am aware of.

In any event, the DVR they shipped to us this week has the same size HD as the one we've been using for the past number of months, so we will simply keep the existing one: it has a number of as-yet-unwatched shows from the last "Free HBO Preview Weekend..." 

Checking against our existing DVR was a very good suggestion: perhaps someone will stumble across this thread and benefit from the advice!

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

9 years ago

I have the same issue with about a dozen HBO freebies, that's part of the reason I didn't want to accept a new box.  Do you get notifications from FreePreview.tv? A free preview for EPIX coming up on Sept. 10th.

Anyway, I received a call from Uverse Support on 8/26 saying that they were going to look into the problem.  I explained everything, and advised that others were having this problem. The support person took my account number and said that he would have it looked into and would get back to me.  I tried the site a few minutes ago in Firefox and it seems to be working BUT not in IE.  Go figure.  I'm back in wait and see mode.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

OK folks, 

I think I have stumbled by pure chance (I'd rather be lucky than good.) on a solution, convoluted though it certainly is:

On your computer, access the internet and get on myyahoo.com, sign in with your att.net id and password if you are not signed in, and then select "uverse" from the items along the top of the screen.

At your right on the next screen in small print is, "Sign In"; select it.  Mine responded with a "Hi George" (my name).

Now run the mouse's pointer/arrow over "TV at home" from the items at the top of the screen and select from the drop-down items, "My DVR". Your DVR recording screen will show.  Now over at your left, select "TV Listings", and the TV guide will show.  And (drum roll, please), when you select one of the upcoming shows, the record buttons will be present, and you can now instruct your dvr to record from your computer.

Good luck everyone.  It worked for me, hope it works for you.

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

9 years ago

GGH2

Thanks for the info, but I'm still having problems.  As I'm typing, ATTU-verse Care is trying to fix the problem.  Got a message from them about 2 minutes ago.

I'm glad you got yours running properly. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.