quartermaester's profile

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

Thursday, July 31st, 2014 11:22 PM

Closed

how to create music choice playlists with U-verse

According to support content: "The Music Choice app gives customers more music choices with up to 46 music channels. The redesigned interface lets you personalize your music, store favorite channels, create your own music and video playlists, and search the library. You can access Music Choice Play (formerly SWRV) within the application - the first 24/7 interactive music network that lets you customize your experience and access thousands of music videos. Music Choice Play offers live commenting and voting through Twitter. So tune in to channels 5100-5146 to begin the ultimate music experience through U-verse TV."

I doubt the app is hidden somewhere within channels 5100-5146. If anybody else has wondered or better yet set up and created their own playlists I'd encourage them to share their experiences!

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

Yes, you can start a picture show and then start music.  Or you can connect your STB to your amp and turn off the TV.

When I first discovered Media Share I found that extended use (a few hours or more) would cause the STB to become slugish and erratic.  Rebooting the STB fixed that.  I summize some sort of memory leak.  I have not experienced this in the last 2 years or more.

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

10 years ago

By STB I'm presuming you mean "Set Top Box"---and by rebooting are you referring to powering it off, waiting 20-30 seconds, then hitting the power button in the front again, or does it involve undoing the power lead from behind the box?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

Yes, STB means Set Top Box, and rebooting I mean hold the power button on the front of the STB for 10 seconds (or until it starts blinking) then let go, though pulling the power cord would work, too.  Rebooting will take 2-3 minutes to complete.

Pushing the power button just puts it in "standby."  

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks a bunch for that, JefferMC. As with most who are migrating over from a different provider's remote/screen menus, there's definitely a learning curve. There's also much I hope to digest about the ins and outs and tweaks and back alleys of U-verse.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

No problem, happy to help.  Earlier, I had said that a long time ago (on a previous version of the firmware), Music Choice caused symptoms of a memory leak.  I meant Media Share, not Music Choice, and wanted to be sure I made that clear.

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

10 years ago

That's what I kinda sorta thought you meant. Media Share fizzled on me last night while I was attempting to integrate photos to the music stream. Although not unpleasant to the eyes, the static, unmoving azure blue background does get boring after a while. What have you heard or read about Plex' media player? It's cross-platform and has received very favorable reviews and user comments (plex.tv.com). I tried searching for it on the forum here without much luck.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

Haven't touched it (Plex) personally, nor do I know much of anything about it.  I looked it up once a long time ago.

I want to set up a home media server, but I never get around to it.  Media Player is getting the music job done (barely), the STB Media Share won't play streaming video.  My Samsung Bluray layer will do DLNA playback, so I'm starting to get interested again.  But I'll need some more disk space for my video library.  Smiley Surprised

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@quartermaester wrote:
I remember listening to Pandora while we were with DirecTv. Only problem there was relying on wireless; the distance between the 2Wire gateway and the TV in my room wasn't exactly the ideal environment. Then too was the 6MB max internet connection. Pandora was no more once we went to back to Cox, which offers Music Choice, but I eventually wound up working it (Pandora) in by using a powerline adapter hooked into a Roku 3. Since the original post I've ripped over a dozen CDs so as to listen to them through U-verse. I noticed last night that it might be possible to incorporate images from photo folders to substitute for the blank, sky blue background you get with Media Share, but something went kablooey and it didn't work out. Will see if further tweaks in the W7 network settings will have a different result. Slight change of subject, but has anyone following this thread had any experience (positive or negative) with Plex and its' media player?

I have Plex on my PC, too.  No better than TVersity, so I'm sticking with that.  I also use TVersity with BubbleUpNP Android app and MX Player Android App to stream movies to my Android phone anbd tablet.  Prolly do the same with Plex.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

There are still no classical music choices that I can find going through channel 500 and trying to create a play list.  I don't want to have to go through the steps of creating a playlist!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

howdy...did you say you can rip music channel music to a cd ???  would reall luv to know how.

thanking you in advance

ezwider11

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.