For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
EpixPlease's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, July 5th, 2015 8:05 PM

Why can't I add Epix to any of my devices?

I am a uverse subscriber. Epix is included in my current package. Every time I try to activate epix on my Roku, PS3, Xbox, etc.. I am given an error code that includes the ATT logo. It says "we are sorry but we cannot process your request at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience"
I was able to download the official epix app for my iPhone and I used the same log in information as I tried with my other devices, and it works perfectly. I am able to watch movies from epix on my phone, but no matter what I do, I cannot get past the ATT log in page if I attempt to add to any other device.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

Did you activate your device at the website shown below?

http://www.epixhd.com/devices/

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Hi thank you for the reply.
Yes I did attempt to activate the service using that website.
When it prompts me to enter my user credentials for ATT I enter them in as I have when I activated HBO go and Showtime.
Instead of providing an access code to enter into my Roku, it just gives an ATT error message every time.
I know my username and password are correct as I used them to activate other Roku channels. I am also logged into my ATT account on another device that required me to verify my credentials.
I am also sure that I am subscribed to the EPIX channel as part of my ATT Uverse television service.
Thanks again.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

@EpixPlease wrote:

Instead of providing an access code to enter into my Roku, it just gives an ATT error message every time.

Doesn't it work the opposite way?  You add the Epix Channel on your Roku and an access code is displayled which you enter on the web?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

No it works the way I described.
You activate the channel on the Roku by inputting the code that the website provides. I have been unable to obtain that code since I can't get any further than the screen that requires my ATT username and password

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

@EpixPlease wrote:
No it works the way I described.
You activate the channel on the Roku by inputting the code that the website provides. I have been unable to obtain that code since I can't get any further than the screen that requires my ATT username and password

I have a Roku3.  That's not how it's working for me adding the Epix Channel.  Once I add the channel on my Roku, it displays an access code on my TV screen along with instructions to enter the code on the web.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

You are right about that.
I just double checked and the code is displayed on my tv screen through the Roku, not the other way I around as I suggested earlier.
I have been messing with this all day and explaining the issue to multiple people and I mixed myself up.

Everything else I said though is accurate. Lol.

When I select epix on my Roku the epix channel opens up and I am able to see the available media. When I choose to watch a movie, say the newest Transformers, I am shown a screen with the link you mentioned earlier and and access code. When I go to that link on my phone it asks that I select a "device" from the drop down menu. I select "Roku" and I am redirected to a page that asks that I select a service provider from the drop down. I choose att uverse since that is the provider I use to watch epix with on my digital cable set top box.
After I choose ATT I am redirected to https://loginprodx.att.
This is as far as I can get. Once I enter my username and password the error screen is displayed.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

RESOLVED!

I decided to try going to the link on my wife's work PC. Success.
Not why I could not activate on iPhone 6, iPad 2, or my Mac......
Must be an iOS/safari thing??
Anyway, thanks for your patience T Ranger. I appreciate your suggestions.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.