What happened to Weather on Demand?

What happened to weather on demand?  We keep paying more & more,

but end getting less & less.  Seriously considering changing to another

cable provider.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

LOGO was moved to U300/U450 on channel 183 (no HD).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

What happened to Channel 227 AccuWeather!    I need that channel.  What was AT&T thinking when they removed it!!!!!   Please bring it back!!!!

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

8 years ago

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

Chief, that is this thread you just linked to.

As many others have already stated this stinks. This thread if proclaimed as "solved" with the solution being to use an inferior on demand sidebar from TWC. There is no hour by hour nor any on demand radar on the lame TWC one that is supposedly a "solution".

Some also dismally fail to realize that many many people do not have their smart gadget glued to their hand 24x7 nor enjoy reading, looking at rader, watching movies, etc on a five to six inch screen. I have a 60" TV hanging on the wall. I absolutley promise you all, all of those activities are far more enjoyable on a big screen where I do not have to pinch, twist, jiggle, shake, etc to zoom in to see the detail while at the same time losing the rest of the image.

I have always sat on the porch in the morning to have some coffee and check the Accuweather on demand to see what the local forecast is and then watch a bit of news. Also quite nice was if there was impending inclement weather was the ability to check the last 6 hour radar loop (generally updated to within the last 15 to 30 minutes) so we can see almost exactly when the rain or whatever will be on top of us. Since we pretty much always have a TV on the news it was much more convenient.

Another vote from me to brang back Accuweather on demand!

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

8 years ago

When I posted it, it was a separate thread, then they moved it here. 😉

chiefdore

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm 83 years old amd all most home bond I liked weather on demand . AT&T doesn't care about ther customers or they would bring it back .It's all about GREED. I'm ashamed to say that I worked for at&t for over 45 years but that was back when they wear honest company. I have alot of AT&T stock I think I'll just dump it on the market and file a complaint with the FCC.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

To ask why "Weather on demand", ie AccuWeather has been removed by At&t Uverse 227 is probably because they [AccuWeather] consistently report FALSE temperatures and 7 day forecasts ! AccuWeather would/will report bogus forecast highs as actual high temperatures of the day !! For instance, the forecast high is estimated to be 95° degrees but the "actual" high for the day was 87° degrees, yet AccuWeather "will" report (Stick with) the 95° degrees as the high for the day, that's a completely bogus report but yet they keep on doing it ? One day here in Southern California the estimated high for the day was 101° degrees (Per AccuWeather), yet AccuWeather maintained that 101° when the actual high was 90° degrees asking one "why" they keep on reporting such FALSE temperature reports in that they (AccuWeather) are purposely "falsifying" data for propaganda purposes (ie Global Warming) !!! Why Else ????? As for 7 day forecasts, AccuWeather will "predict" temperatures that are "never" even close to actuality ! High temperatures consistently 6,7,8,9,10 degrees higher than what actually occurs, day after day, week after week !! If those were Stock predictions AccuWeather would be out of business and behind bars !!! I recommend all monitor their own temperatures (Thermometer) rather than believing what they are told ! If anyone has another explanation, I am listening... One more observation ! Today, September 30, 2016, on my "cell" phone, AccuWeather is reporting a high temperature in Rosemead California of 92° degrees, in fact the actual high temperature was "85°" degrees !!! Ditto ! Same ole same ole

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

the station that replaced the Weather on demand station "severe weather channel is a waste of a channel and truly 'SUCKS!!!!!" bring back weather on demand, or have the local forcast on the weather channel for the area that you are in, not a generaic one for everywhere.

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

8 years ago

This was a no-brainer for U-verse.  

They decided we didn't need 2 different weather channels, so they kept the one that was cheaper.  Why didn't they ask "US" which one to keep, since we are the ones paying for it?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least that the final decision to drop the channel came from someone that rarely watches TV in the 1st place.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I couldn't agree with you more. The Weather Channel is useless. On the
other hand, weather on demand was a channel I watched constantly. I think I
can speak for other subscribers, and say that we would much rather have
weather on demand!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.