Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, October 17th, 2013 11:27 PM

U-verse online error message

When I try to watch U-verse online, I often get an error message that says,

"Oops... An error has occurred

We apologize for the inconvenience. If the problem persists
please visit our AT&T U-verse Support page for further troubleshooting.
Details: An error occurred trying to play the video.Try Again  Error Code: 3.8"

I've talked to tech support and they say it's a flash player issue, but mine is up to date.  It seems to happen on certain networks and not others.  I can't watch Spike, Showtime, Starz, WE to name a few, but can watch HBO, Fox, and ABC.  I have access to all of these channels on my TV, but keep running into this error code on my computer.  Anyone else having the same problem or have any better trouble shooting ideas than AT&T telephone support? 

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi Visitor01,

I am not sure what was causing nh_0402's issue, but here are some things that were done to fix others accounts

1. Reinstall Java and Microsoft Silverlight
  2. Disable all your firewalls (including Windows) to see if it was a firewall issue
  3. Make sure you are directly connected to the U-verse router when testing
  4. Make sure you are signing in with your primary ID.

Also, here is an article that goes over the error codes a little more in detail.

Hope one of these helps resolve your issue. Let us know how it goes.

-David T

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi nh_0402,

I apologize about the inconveniences with the U-verse online site. Hopefully, it's a n easy fix, but I will be glad to work with you until we get this fixed. 

When you access U-verse online, what browser are you using to access it?

Have you tried with other browsers?

Do you have this issue when you try another device?

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

i too have the same error 3.8 and no one at at&t has been able to assist me. I've spoke with over a dozen technicians and gotten no where. I've reinstalled browers, updated silverlight, upldated my flash player and i still have the same error 3.8

using a macbook pro

using browers chrome, safari and firefox are none are working....at a loss

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi rosahaggerty,

I apologize for this inconveniences, but I would be glad to look further into this for you. I will be sending you a private message to gather some more information, so be on the lookout for it.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am also having this problem. I am also using a Macbook Pro. I have tried Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome. But I seem to only be having problems with watching movies, not TV shows

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi stuckyn,

I apologize for the issues you are having with U-verse online. I would be glad to investigate your issue further. 

Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm also having this problem...

Am on a Surface Pro.  Using Windows 8.1 and latest Java Silverlight, flash, etc...

Thanks for your help.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

It is especially important to note which channels you are having problems with, and whether or not the problem is intermittent or continous.  There are several different players in use depending on the which content provider is responsible for the channel.  AT&T has done a nice job of providing a single menu/selection screen, but behind the scenes, it must be anything but simple.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

I am having issues viewing Showtime, Stars.   Can watch HBO and other channels. Started several days ago. ATT customer is useless. Does anyone have any suggestions?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

Showtime uses a Silverlight based player.  Do you have the most recent version of Silverlight installed?  What messages (if any) do you get?  What does happen?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.