bcarruth62's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 17th, 2013 6:04 PM

U-verse mobile app problems

Since I updated the U-verse mobile app on both my iPhone and iPad the Live TV section does not work keeps saying "U-verse mobile service it temproarily unavailable. Please try again later. (Error # 996-8138-5802baaea708)

Is there any fix for this or is this update garbage?

Thanks

Bob

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

same issue going with my new iphone 5s..downlaoded the app..."temporarily unavailable"...didnt work with old phone either (iphone 4)...  the app hasnt worked since i got uverse back in July....called uverse tech support and spent 1.5 hrs on phone and the answer was they dont know why it doesnt work... they also told me no one else was having this issue.  But, I see that many are having same issue...

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

still having issues

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I was having this issue, to fix, I disconnected from a 2nd party VPN and it worked.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

sad to say it's now 2016 and the issue is still happening 😞  I have reinstalled the app more times than I can count and I am still getting the error message. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I got a OTT M8, and updated my Android OS before installing the latest U-Verse app.

I got the same errors. Sometimes I get a few minutes of playing time ON-Demand only, then an error. Live TV never works. Tried to reset the router ad clear it's Cache, and also found multiple IP's being assigned by the AT&T router.

Then i downloaded HBO-GO, and logged on with my AT&T account and also did not work. Tried the same with Xfinity account and it worked fine.

I spent 3 hours chatting with the tech today,  until one actually called me back, only to tell me to dump my OTT.

The AT&T account demands continous user verification. If no reply is received, the streams stop.

That may be due to IP switching, or slow internet for a few seconds, or the device is busy doing somthing else for a few moments with higher priority.

For AT&T security is elevated over Customer Satisfaction, and their security features are extreemly primitive design, causing all these problems.

I am using devices more than the TV today, so with such bad services I am now looking for another provider.

Maybe AT&T will follow it's mother Bell.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Why does this app suck so bad? What is it, AT&T cannot write a decent, working cellphone app? I try so hard to actually use this thing and it is a total crapshoot if it works or not. The app constantly requests root rights, no need for it. And most of the time I get a "video could not be played at this time qp1507" error. But sometimes it does work. Now I can watch the news. If I try a show like Law & Order, maybe, maybe once in a while it will play. But for the most part, you will spend 70-80% of your time, fussing with the app and not watching TV at all. Is this really the app that AT&T wishes to support and use to "enrich it's customers"?

Please fix the darned app and "just make it work". Can you guys do this, at all, ever? This is all you are ever going to see with the AT&T Uverse Crap App...

Typical AT&T Uverse app program

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

...BTW:

Do you guys ever wonder why when you click and use the Netflix app, it works every time? NOT kidding, Every Time! AT&T Uverse app? Maybe one in thirty eight times. And you heros are offering advice, sincerely I might add and give us instructions to "Completely uninstall and tear down your phone, then rebuild everything back up and try that". Duh! So I waste the entire day, shredding my phone and building it back up, and guess what? The AT&T app STILL hardly ever works! How come Netflix gets it right every time, yet AT&T FAILS so very badly? I got news for you guys, it is not our phones. It is a terribly designed app that just does not work! Fix it, get it right, and I will heap on the praise for you guys.

...disgusted!

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

8 years ago

@theohmster wrote:

...BTW:

Do you guys ever wonder why when you click and use the Netflix app, it works every time? NOT kidding, Every Time! ...

For You.  The people visiting this page may disagree

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/461

The Uverse App works fine for me the large majority of the time.  Nope not 100%; sometimes I have network issues with my carrier (who is not AT&T).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

ATT uVerse mobile app is a poorly written app with the likelyhood of it working as advertised and desired is a crap shoot.  With the kind of development budget they could have put into it, this could have been written wayyyyyyyy better than what's currently released.  I've been trying to connect all day to programming via the mobile app and I get nothing.

My phone Samsung Galaxy Edge 6 → NOTHING

My tablet Samsung Note 3 → NOTHING

My IPOD Tounch → NOTHING

I've confirmed that my network/wi-fi is on and working normally.

What in the heck is going on.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Apparently there is no darn fix for the app not to work with the streaming. I had not an issue until the lastest update and all I get it longer loading times, and errors that say try again later. Well I have been trying again several times a day since the update and still not a fix. At&T is charges too much for their services and the service is crappy!!

I uninstalled and reinstalled so many times unbelieveable. Called customer service for help and its the same script, uninstall and reinstall, go to uverseonline.com to watch streaming or live tv and that dont work either!! This is frustrating and I am ready to give in to my husband and leave At&T.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.