onda's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 6th, 2013 7:20 PM

Sling

I gotta tell you after switching from dishnetwork with the vip 722 and a sling adapter purchased from dishnetwork for 30 bucks. I sure do miss that and I hope that ATT makes a move on offering something like that to their customers. I sure do miss not been able to watch live tv while on the road.  Luckly I only put a hold on my dish account cause if I don't see any offers by att in the next 4 months I am switching back......

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

Sling is actually a product of Echostar (Dish Network's parent company) so that's why it was offered for a great price. You can buy a full retail version of the Slingbox around $180 (without any type of discount)

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@onda wrote:

I gotta tell you after switching from dishnetwork with the vip 722 and a sling adapter purchased from dishnetwork for 30 bucks. I sure do miss that and I hope that ATT makes a move on offering something like that to their customers. I sure do miss not been able to watch live tv while on the road.  Luckly I only put a hold on my dish account cause if I don't see any offers by att in the next 4 months I am switching back......

Welp, I've been with U-Verse for almost 5 years and I will be very surprised ift they will ever offer such a thing.  Just wondering aloud, does Comcast, Time Warner, Cox, Brighthouse and so on, offer this?  dishnetwork (lol) may be the only one - and they may have a patent on that "bridge" technology and if they do, they aren't sharing.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

@onda wrote:

You could always buy one here and connect it to your uverse and your back in business.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

I love my Slingbox. I typically only use it for day Rangers baseball games, but during tax season on weekends it's nice to be able to watch TV while sitting at my desk. 

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

I love my Slingbox. I typically only use it for day Rangers baseball games, but during tax season on weekends it's nice to be able to watch TV while sitting at my desk. 

I probably would never have a dish but The Hopper (Hoppa) technology does sound cool.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

11 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@oufanindallas wrote:

I probably would never have a dish but The Hopper (Hoppa) technology does sound cool.

Eh, I just push the FF button twice and then press "play" when I get back to live TV.

As far as the OP, can't we watch previously recorded TV on our mobile devices via the DVR app? I can also get HBO/Cinemax, Showtime, CNN, and ESPN apps on my mobile device. I think Disney also has apps and I'm sure there's more.

If you want promos or discounts, call and ask. They offer me stuff frequently.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

@dhascall wrote:

@oufanindallas wrote:

Eh, I just push the FF button twice and then press "play" when I get back to live TV.

As far as the OP, can't we watch previously recorded TV on our mobile devices via the DVR app? I can also get HBO/Cinemax, Showtime, CNN, and ESPN apps on my mobile device. I think Disney also has apps and I'm sure there's more.

If you want promos or discounts, call and ask. They offer me stuff frequently.

No.  You are watching iinternet streams from various libraries.  Not from your DVR.  When U-Verse Online (or whatever it was called) was released AT&T boasted "watch DVR content on your mobile device."  That really got people talking but it was very slick wording.  What they really meant was "watch shows from our (or other Internet) library's that may also be on your DVR."  So, if Mike and Molly's "Vince Takes a Bath" episode is on your DVR and the companies library, then you can view it on a mobile device but you are not watching your DVR'd copy.  Again, to me, the wording was really just an l-i-e.  The Hopper being able to watch live TV and your actual recorded content is better than Sling, IMO.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

The Hopper is a Slingbox built into the DVR. I can watch anything on my tv/dvr/on demand using my slingbox.  If I'm not mistaken, Dish owns the Slingbox so it's not a far stretch for them to be able to add it to their dvr.

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

8 years ago

I have DISH and have for years. I have no complaints. I have the hopper with sling and until i upgraded to the Uverse Internet, I could watch my TV from anywhere, no I can't. Does anybody know if the sling should work with the Uverse? I don't know why it wouldn't since the only difference is fiber optic.

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

8 years ago

I rebooted my Hopper receiver and tried to view programs again from my laptop and it seemed to be working just fine again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.